HWBOT Community Forums

DDR2 Challenge ! Meet Micron D9s IC

• Crew

Thanks for the test!

Usually I just run 400 MHz FSB and 1:1, 4:5 and 2:3 dividers when testing D9s, CPU frequency at 3600 or 4000 MHz.

I agree with Hyperhorn, and I think the results you showed above with tRCD and tRP at 2 are not real as well, afaik 975X was the last chipset that could run timings that tight. But I'm not 100% sure.

yep I use 1:1 and 2:3 too.

From the BIOS you can choose 3-3-3-3 then with memset you can have 3-2-2-1.

3-2-2-1 make a little improvement in the superpi score. 3-2-2-1 ok it's useless but it's just to have a tight timing :D

Actually 1 week ago I was booting from the bios @ 4-2-2-2 with the Zotac IONITX board (as it was impossible to set CAS3) and I saw no improvement against 4-3-3-3.

EDIT: Kingston sent me an e-mail and the HyperX here is with Payton Technologies Chips - Payton is the brand name used for Kingston's own chips

Edited by Christian Ney

Ha yeah the one you tried to send me on msn.

Yeah this one is really good for you :P (kidding :D, do not report my results moderators are already out of work)

If I have time, I will put the G.Skill into AM2 rig or P45 but first i need a P45 board

EDIT: Corsair replied to my harassment mode, these Dominator GT are with PSC chips. fyi: To know IC, do not ask Ram Guy, ask Technical Support :P

Edited by Christian Ney

No AM2 can reach this and just a few P45 imho as I told you... It's common with UD3+D9s+volts ;)

Nothing exceptional here, but DONE ^^ (700 club with 2 or 3 years late lol)

Edit: imo the limit with D9s (especially gmh) is more an affair of mobo/bios than ICs

Edited by Eeky NoX