• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary of all rules (contains updates):

http://hwbot.org/hwbot.post.do?postId=1038

Updates :

http://hwbot.org/searchNews.do?title=rules

Please keep in mind we do not block for the fun of it. We try only to block when a submission is not 100% according to the rules and it has been reported or is suspicious, or is in the top 20.

Hi,

I do agree with you but if you look at the results we have posted and that have been moderated, it seems clear that we didn't know this subtests rule - we as well haven't benched and posted for fun, if we have known we would have screend with the subtests cause it takes something like 2 second to open the window!

Hoping you will understand...

Thx ;)

Updates :

Please keep in mind we do not block for the fun of it. We try only to block when a submission is not 100% according to the rules and it has been reported or is suspicious, or is in the top 20.

Hello RB and nice to see here.

Concerning the first link, it show the current rules updates the 20th january. So I agree to say that subtests are asked since this date. However, some moderators just said that these subtests are only good to investigate in case of suspicious scores (it's not the case here since Neofroce bloqued several PCMark 2005 with old CPU for example)

Second point, you have to admit that you make a dedicated news for 3d01 changes for extremely old graphic card (very few members) and HWBot didn't mention a major change in 3Dmark/PCMark rules : subtests. You cannot say that it's strictly our fault not to follow an invisible update in rules... The best for everybody is to accept every score without subtest (except suspicious like Quad CF 4870X2 on 3d03). Then, you write a good and complete news annoncing this major change. But it's up to HWBot's crew.

Third point, if you stay on your position (no subtest => moderation), so I want that every score in this situation get the treatment as we received. I'm quite sure that it concerns more than one thousand bench.

Finally, if you stay on your position, what are the exact criteria to delete scores without subtests ?

The summerized rules page is indeed from the 20th january this year. The rules page for benchmark submission is from 15 may 2008, so that's nearly a year old. There has never been a specific news post for subtests because it has been in the rules since they were first published.

I know you don't read the rules each time you submit a score, but you should have read them once.

Don't take it personal, we have nothing to gain by blocking scores. FFS, even some of my scores are blocked and I am the owner of this project.

eg:

http://hwbot.org/benchmark.application.info.do?applicationId=2#rules

OK so I'm sure you will understand we may check every screen from the 15 May 2008 and report all the incomplete ones. It's sad, it represent a lot of work, 99% of users will hate us but if it's the lonely way to get a fair HWBot, we may take the risk...

Massman & richba5stard > I think Jmax understand it well. But he would like to say that if it's the rules for a long time, our results have been moderate, and it's normal. But to be fair, all results which doesn't match with the rules must be blocked.

I hate this, because i believed everyone should moderate itself. But as it's not what's happening, hwbot crew is here to be sure everything is fair. And to be fair, rules must apply to everyone since they have been wrote.

Massman & richba5stard > I think Jmax understand it well. But he would like to say that if it's the rules for a long time, our results have been moderate, and it's normal. But to be fair, all results which doesn't match with the rules must be blocked.

I hate this, because i believed everyone should moderate itself. But as it's not what's happening, hwbot crew is here to be sure everything is fair. And to be fair, rules must apply to everyone since they have been wrote.

Great, the moderators have become the slaves of our rules.

I told you on MSN as well, there's no way I'm going to spend my free time checking 275.000 results to find just a very small error and block it. Results are only to be blocked when they're suspicious, not just for fun.

It's the same reason why I don't block scores that are reported because someone with a lower score wants more points.

Updates :

It's not what I was looking for.

Is there a page with all changes of rules in all benchmarks ?

I'm not clear.

It needs an exemple.

I've seen this score http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=547993 which is for me suspicious and has a lack of validation.

But how can I know what were the exact rules in 2006 ?

Massman,

You said "Results are only to be blocked when they're suspicious, not just for fun.".

I would like to believe you ;)

But could please tell us why the score posted after our bench party and blocked by moderator's are suspicious?

The only reason given is: "no subtest detail". It's so lighter no ?

Great, the moderators have become the slaves of our rules.

I told you on MSN as well, there's no way I'm going to spend my free time checking 275.000 results to find just a very small error and block it. Results are only to be blocked when they're suspicious, not just for fun.

It's the same reason why I don't block scores that are reported because someone with a lower score wants more points.

So our scores seem suspicious? Based on what? No subscores? Why not but you'll have to threat all the other scores the same way, sorry!

So we're back to what we was talking about on MSN : when all hwbot crew will be convinced that there is no sharing, all the results (exepts those who are really incorrect because lack of some details like GPUz or bench settings, etc...) will be restored.

So we're back to what we was talking about on MSN : when all hwbot crew will be convinced that there is no sharing, all the results (exepts those who are really incorrect because lack of some details like GPUz or bench settings, etc...) will be restored.

That's NOT what I said! And I believe I made that very clear.

I yes, I really don't understand how anybody on the bot can prove that he is clocking with is own HW!!!

1/ It's not upto Hwbot to prove fault, it's upto the user to point out that we're incorrect. I believe the crew is very, very easy on this subject.

2/ It's not because we can't prove it's okay. If we have doubts, we want to know what's up.

It's not what I was looking for.

Is there a page with all changes of rules in all benchmarks ?

I'm not clear.

It needs an exemple.

I've seen this score http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=547993 which is for me suspicious and has a lack of validation.

But how can I know what were the exact rules in 2006 ?

Before the rules were written down for each bench app, the rule was that you need a clear screenshot, including cpu-z and rivatuner or alike. The linked submission does not have a very clear screenshot.

If you think the submission is suspicious (and i would agree with you), just report it.

We want to filter out the submissions which are incorrect, not those who have small verification issues but seem perfectly fine.

We're not talking about the hardware sharing issue here. We're talking about the reason why the score was suspicious and got blocked. It's pretty simple: suspicious + not following rules = blocked score.

I believe no one is still on the sharing issue, so only problem is the subtest at the moment. But, does solving the first issue automatically solves the second one? If a man is brought to justice for murder and theft and turns out he didn't kill, does that mean he shouldn't be convicted for theft?