HWBOT Community Forums

Jmax Hardware Bench Party

Maybe you could stop all the problem by convincing Neoforce to unblock our scores... You are known to be a 'strict' moderator so for you our score could be unblocked, maybe Neoforce could do this... Thousands of scores lacks subtimings...

Edited by jmax_oc

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can unblock them. If ou unblock them, we won't disturb you anyone and we perfectly understand the lessons / rules.

Even if we did this, if anyone comes along in the future and reports these scores they will be blocked again. Why take that risk? I'd suggest you just re-bench, make sure the screen shots are correct and get back to business.

Even if we did this, if anyone comes along in the future and reports these scores they will be blocked again. Why take that risk? I'd suggest you just re-bench, make sure the screen shots are correct and get back to business.

according to Jmke, they will be blocked if they look suspicious unless not :)

I have read everything carefuly i think.

If i'm right, you don't really nead subtests. But when there is a suspicion on a result, you need these subtests to check somethings. It's ok for me.

So you agree that the only thing which can change, considering two different scores (one moderated and not the second) is that you have take the time to check is everything is ok on the first and not on the second.

I perfectly understand tht you have not enough time to control all the results on hwbot as there is about 400 a day and you're not so much mods. But you also have to understand that there is a little part of luck in your moderation. i mean if someone report a score, it can be blocked, but if nobody report it, even if the score must be locked, nothing happened.

As hazard/luck is everything but justice, you have to admit that your system failed.

In fact, our scores were considered suspicious because of sharing issues. No problem on it cause we should give you some proofs. But if the results have been submit later or differently, no doubt that there won't be sharing issues.

So the decision of blocking/allowing remains to...luck !

:D

according to Jmke, they will be blocked if they look suspicious unless not :)

That is really only applicable when a score does not earn globals, we are typically more lenient with those scores because there is less at stake and they are usually a more casual user of hwbot. We are not out to alienate users of hwbot, that is why there is some leeway employed with certain scores. When it comes to results which earn a higher rank, it is only normal they meet the standards every serious bencher expects.

That is really only applicable when a score does not earn globals, we are typically more lenient with those scores because there is less at stake and they are usually a more casual user of hwbot. We are not out to alienate users of hwbot, that is why there is some leeway employed with certain scores. When it comes to results which earn a higher rank, it is only normal they meet the standards every serious bencher expects.

ok why not, at what level does the High Rank start? Top20?

depends on benchmark really; popularity of benchmark gives more points to more people; as Maxi states, scores that get global points will have higher scrutiny when checked; scores with 4+ Hardware points, etc...

@JMAX:

this score was never blocked http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=831982&popup=true

this score has been reported but never blocked it is true, it just appeared in my "blocked score list". no it seems ok

but not the rest that is not that high tops!

ok why not, at what level does the High Rank start? Top20?

We are not going to play this game, let it be enough that you understand hwbot has the final say and all moderation may have an element of discretion involved. It really is in your best interest to move on, of course that's up to you, I'm just giving you some friendly advice ;)

jmke > i don't want to accuse anyone, i just want to underline that it's possible that there is some errors in the bot.

So, because of your huge lack of time, you only check highscores and reported scores (and i guess a few other results).

For higher scores, it's allright. But for reported scores, there is two sort of report. First is what i would call 'fair report' as the result seems suspicious (as ours), and the second on would be 'grudge report'.

We all have ennemies i guess. So if someone don't like me, he can report one of my score (just for 'pleasure') and i could be blocked (in fact i won't because i will give you all the proofs you need, but it's an example).

It's a little bit scary from my point of view...I never told you to find a better way to moderate as it's probably hard enough, but it's quite frightening.

We are not going to play this game, let it be enough that you understand hwbot has the final say and all moderation may have an element of discretion involved. It really is in your best interest to move on, of course that's up to you, I'm just giving you some friendly advice ;)

Hum unless what?

intouch Yes, this score is valid, cause when you use free version of 3D Mark 2003 you can`t change settings - so test was runned on default settings

Thanks for the answer.

Other and last one.

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=840642

This screen was reported, checked and validated but there is no 3dmark setting (professional version ;) ) ?? Is it normal ?

Concerning myself, I'm fed up about it. I let Neoforce make the things he consider true and fair for this situation. All moderators saw our nicknames. You all saw that we are respectable members who never cheated (we aren't takapah, opb or coolaler for example). We aren't members who report 10 scores per day to earn points so it's up to you.

I understand that the moderation is 'blind' since the moderation is far too weak to scan all scores. So, if we had 'malchance' to post our scores massively and malchance to be deeply scanned / checked and blocked, it's ok for me. I just hope that it wasn't against JMax-Hardware.

Whatever your decision, I will brief my team showing subtests and paying all Orb licences.

I agree with you if the score seems to be near than other with same setting and you confirm me that only missing information is not sufficient reason to block the score so why still other screen from JMH blocked just for "subtest details" missing ?

Example: http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=839732 ; http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=839612

Yep, i have understand it. So subtests details are mandatory right ?

Because they are useful if there is suspicion of cheating. There is no cheating, si they are not really necessary for our results. But as it's mandatory, we should have it before unblock the results ?

Because they are useful if there is suspicion of cheating. There is no cheating, si they are not really necessary for our results.

No they are useful for every aspect of comparison, if you think a score can be compared accurately without them you have no business in competetive benching.

I am going to say this one more time, and this is not directed at any one person, stop pushing. Other people and teams have had scores blocked for missing details and hwbot is not going to make an exception for jmax. It is best if you learn from this experience and move on. Save your result files, take proper screen shots, you'll feel better about posting your benchmarks and so will everyone who looks at them.