Hey. I don't hate ASUS!

Massman

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Oh, I see Andre also gave you the "Massman/HWBOT hates Asus"-speech while you were out in Taiwan :D.

Don't you? What did you want to expect if article writer is a hater? Don't forget what you told to some vendors about asus when you ask for sponsoring. I didn't get it.

massman, do not worry lol, this is how asus tries to "discredit" people who don't drink their "kool-aid" they just say, "oh they hate us." lol IDK it is kind of odd for me b/c a lot of people hate a lot of other companies, but none of those companies have employees that go on the forums and say, "oh don't listen to what he says b/c he hate us", many times that is exactly what employees of those other companies should do when faced with actual trolls, however there must be a standard code of conduct for the other companies when dealing with people, something which i really do not think ASUS has.

The truth is ASUS hates me, but I don't hate them, would I ever do business with them? Not unless they started to treat people better and understood they aren't always the best and they aren't always right, because the truth is they aren't.

• Crew

Maybe it's time for some to look at the mirror and watch a greedy green monsta pop up :P

What I encountered with manufacturers over the last years trying to be a hardware reviewer :

1) Treat your customers as human beings. We are not numbers, we bought your products and contribute to your monthly fee.

2) Warrant decent RMA, sorry for the one company, but you fail BIG TIME with your RMA depot in Tsjechia. 7 months later and still no RMA on 3 boards. RMAs takes weeks, not months... get it sorted !

3) Listen to the community for feedback and adjust stuff if required. Stuff that pride, don't be stubborn. All products have flaws. Some manufacturers urgently need to step up. Serious reviewers want to help to make your products better, listen to them and make sure the bugs, flaws are no longer present in future bios updates, PCB revisions,...

4) I never understood the sample policy for reviewers. Are you even remotely serious with just 3-5 samples per motherboard lineup for 15 review sites spread out over 3 different countries ? I can't even grasp how hard it must be for the PR team, to manage all the sample requests. Must be a nitemare.

5) Stop spreading misleading posts on enthousiast forums. You will end up making yourself look ridicilous. The end user will have a product that might not work properly. While your threads claim no CB, CBB,...

For most of us this is a just a hobby, for you it's bussiness. Never forget where you roots were ! And I can't see what's wrong by giving a public objective opinion. Are you directly a hater if you tell something bad or disagree with the company policy ? Must be a strange world I'm living in...

Nuff said, let's go overclocking !

The truth is ASUS hates me, but I don't hate them, would I ever do business with them? Not unless they started to treat people better and understood they aren't always the best and they aren't always right, because the truth is they aren't.

No vendor does that, not ASUS, not Gigabyte, not Intel, and certainly not Corsair..... I have never ever once in my life, experienced a vendor not defending stupid choices....

Be it branding Vengeance ram as 'OC series' or Gigabyte pumping concept board X58-OC with additional controllers that you simply do not need for bench..