HWBOT Community Forums

Hey. I don't hate ASUS!

Massman

Interesting, massman doesn't admit he ever told to some vendor he hate asus because no sponsor. Too bad, I should ask these vendors for recording your talking. That's why I question you have double side personality. Business side, you hate asus. Real world side, you like to use asus board because better than some vendors...lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

I think I would eat my socks Andre if Pieter Jan ever stated in the open he hates ASUS...

And for your info : ASUS boards might be better then the competitors, till they break and then it's RMA HELL...

To be honest : I rather have support afterwards too iso the crappy handling we get in europe... take a look at Gigabyte, now that's customer support... ASUS still has to learn lots stuff off how to keep customers happy

Secondly : So I hear this, I tell you that and finally it is coming back in a whole different story... isn't that human nature: that things you heard are never 100% a replicate of what was actually being told ? Really man get a grip... you start to sound again like that 16 year old spoiled brat from a few years back...

Edited by Leeghoofd

I think I would eat my socks Andre if Pieter Jan ever stated in the open he hates ASUS...

And for your info : ASUS boards might be better then the competitors, till they break and then it's RMA HELL...

To be honest : I rather have support afterwards too iso the crappy handling we get in europe... take a look at Gigabyte, now that's customer support... ASUS still has to learn lots stuff off how to keep customers happy

Secondly : So I hear this, I tell you that and finally it is coming back in a whole different story... isn't that human nature: that things you heard are never 100% a replicate of what was actually being told ? Really man get a grip... you start to sound again like that 16 year old spoiled brat from a few years back...

Good time to announce my experience with Gigabyte RMA.... I won a board in Gigabyte fan contest 2010, the board lost a couple ram channel/dimm shortly after.... Guess what, RMA = impossible, despite I know quite alot of staff....

So wouldnt exactly call their RMA perfect.... eVGA, Gigabyte, ASUS all got terrible RMA..

Please note; I am not suggesting ASUS RMA is good, because it isnt - I am suggesting that RMA is hell on earth when not being from a store, unless its Corsair, which has freaking awesome RMA support.

• Crew

Own experience : That might be a one timer then, always had quite fast RMA with Gigabyte and MSI. 3-4 weeks ( if they don't refuse the RMA ofocurse )

Till now still 3 ASUS boards in RMA, it only has been 7 months... The ones before didn't go smooth either, took months and two of them came back in the same condition as before... pretty dead... or maybe better unrepaired :P

If the shops don't swap the boards or credit you then you are into a lot of pain...

Interesting, massman doesn't admit he ever told to some vendor he hate asus because no sponsor. Too bad, I should ask these vendors for recording your talking. That's why I question you have double side personality. Business side, you hate asus. Real world side, you like to use asus board because better than some vendors...lol

The same BS story like half of Taiwan IT was talking that I stole cpu in Gigabyte o/c meeting... WTF is wrong with you ppl?

Andre, I think it's time for you to grow up :).

No, I don't hate Asus for not sponsoring HWBOT. In fact, I always tell everyone that every vendor has the right to do anything they want. Do I think Asus is living up to their reputation? Perhaps not. Do I dislike the arrogant way Asus has contacted me over the past years? Perhaps yes. Do I think some Asus representative could treat HWBOT with a bit more respect? Perhaps I do. Do I think Asus has some nice products? Perhaps yes. Do I think Asus has some shit products? Perhaps yes too. As far as sponsorship goes, I'm really really happy to work with the companies that do believe in supporting this project. I don't feel HWBOT's missing out at all; in fact, I'm pretty pleased about the people I work closely with ... smart and bright folks!

Fact of the matter is that I do not hate Asus, the company. I also don't hate 99,99% of the people working for Asus (some are actually really nice people!). I guess what I'm trying to say here is ... you are the only one at Asus I dislike really and that actually has nothing to do with the company you work for :).

No vendor does that, not ASUS, not Gigabyte, not Intel, and certainly not Corsair..... I have never ever once in my life, experienced a vendor not defending stupid choices....

Be it branding Vengeance ram as 'OC series' or Gigabyte pumping concept board X58-OC with additional controllers that you simply do not need for bench..

WTF are you talking about number #1? with additional controllers that you dont' need to bench? Like what buttons to change the BCLK and multiplier on the fly? So OC-Key is also worthless then totally?

lol what is your purpose in this thread? Nothing, gotcha.

Can I ask in the concept of full disclosure which I don't expect you to understand, what vendors would ever tell ASUS anything like that? If they did are you sure they were being honest like you guys are always honest?

WTF are you talking about number #1? with additional controllers that you dont' need to bench? Like what buttons to change the BCLK and multiplier on the fly? So OC-Key is also worthless then totally?

lol what is your purpose in this thread? Nothing, gotcha.

You are a big fan of IC's.... I can take a bunch of pictures and tell you which.... :P

Nah just going to tell you, and I think you will agree....

SATA3; It was a no brainer that it should not have been on the board, if going for PCMark, you'd hit a PCI-E card...

USB3; Again, no reason for it on a bench card...

Both just add on the cost side, without benefitting the group that is likely to buy the product, and no, I dont think it is a bad product, but those things mentioned, I sure reported long before the board was launched, and they were defended - for no real reason except 'we no make mistakes'

yes however while you might not want either SATA6 or USB3, for the board to be produced and sold, sales had to sell it, and sales usually refuses to sell products they know wont sell in normal markets.

Can you point out a benching board with less extra connectivity than the X58A-OC? I can't find one, but I can find many ASUS boards that are benching boards.

yes however while you might not want either SATA6 or USB3, for the board to be produced and sold, sales had to sell it, and sales usually refuses to sell products they know wont sell in normal markets.

Can you point out a benching board with less extra connectivity than the X58A-OC? I can't find one, but I can find many ASUS boards that are benching boards.

Sure that sounds like the excuse of the 'American' marketing staff... But, Porsche aint selling track day cars? Cars er not sold without stereo or aircondition? Its excuses man, dont let them feed you with that crap.

Dont get me wrong, not saying Gigabyte are bad, Im saying they are not paying attention to feedback, not admitting wrongs, its a 'I work in Taiwan' thing I guess.... Perfection is not a goal, deception is - and it is a generel thing, also something that makes me a bit calm, as it makes both American and Taiwanese companies a bit less competitive :) (and French...)

i see some mature discussion in this thread..........not

Dont get me wrong, not saying Gigabyte are bad, Im saying they are not paying attention to feedback,

yeah i can say with confidence that this is the case, we don't pay attention to YOUR feedback :D

i see some mature discussion in this thread..........not

yeah i can say with confidence that this is the case, we don't pay attention to YOUR feedback :D

Actually you wouldnt know, nor have any saying in such a matter, its not within your job role, and it will never become so.

- Lets keep it on topic from this point on, you can start some sort of chat and invite me, or wait for a livestream - if you want to mess around - Im leaving OT from this point on.

Edited by M.Beier

Fact of the matter is that I do not hate Asus, the company. I also don't hate 99,99% of the people working for Asus (some are actually really nice people!). I guess what I'm trying to say here is ... you are the only one at Asus I dislike really and that actually has nothing to do with the company you work for :).

tumblr_lzhnaqAAdV1r3jsrko1_400.jpg

end well - this will not...

Edited by der8auer

How many guys against you before, massman? How many guys call you assman under table? Are these guys called you assman without reasons?

Oh, well. You are the only guy asus dislike in hwbot. If hwbot fire massman, maybe asus consider support to hwbot. Is it a good deal?

How many guys against you before, massman? How many guys call you assman under table? Are these guys called you assman without reasons?

Oh, well. You are the only guy asus dislike in hwbot. If hwbot fire massman, maybe asus consider support to hwbot. Is it a good deal?

diddy.gif

get em dre