HWBOT Community Forums

Show here your alternative cooling solution

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its taken me long enough to post these pictures. These are the Inspired results of last months (june 2011) hwbot Team contest. A complete and uncontrollable decent into insanity featuring the Fusion E-350 cpu. May god have mercy on its soul.

For starters we have Bungie win, Mounting of a single stage Phase change unit to not just the cpu but the bridge chip. 3/4" of 1/8" aluminum stock stacked up to get it to clear the caps. Then stuck together with Arctic silver ceramique' .

bungiewin.jpg

bungiewin2.jpg

Well that was fun, but its an amd, and we all know they love ln2 :D. So a ln2 pot was fashioned out of a ice cream container. Hotglue, and the stock heatsink. With some ducktape and pipe insulation thrown in on the first run for good measure.

coldfusion3.jpg

coldfusion2.jpg

heres one of the great Bobnova helping me out by pouring. As we made our pcmark 2004 runs to take the first place cup. Which Christian held. Which was like a giant carrot out there infront of me on the end of a fishing pole. The -19c is the temp from under the board underneath the BGA chip.

coldfusion1.jpg

Well that was fun but that day the system eventually got to wet, and bugged out. So we shut it off to be conformal at some point. However the next time Bobnova was over he convinced me we needed to go for the gold in some of the other places. So i drilled a better probe placement hole in the pot. Then fired her up AND KILLED IT, cause the pot leaked :\ However we did get higher cpuz valid wise (which i still haven't submitted, god I am lazy).

coldfusionrun1.jpg

coldfusionrun2.jpg

coldfusionrun3.jpg

Good times :D heres some other pics of the pot off the system.

icreampot1.jpg

Still somewhat covered in vasoline, and dielectric grease (and looking like the remants of a sex crime).

Let me introduce my new cooling system to you, I call it the Rotatory Xeon Cooling System aka RXCS

normal_RXCS01.JPG

perfectly compatible with the CNBT

normal_RXCS02.JPG

it's very simple to understand how it works, the plate HIS from the xeon take the heat from this Celeron Tualatin,

normal_RXCS03.JPG

and dissipates it at the top of the RXCS on a wet sheet

normal_RXCS04.JPG

the water from the wet sheet is also been used to optimize the themal transfer between both xeon and Celeron HIS, no thermal compound is needed.

This revolutionary cooling system uses both air and water, dunno under which cooling system I can post my results on hwbot. where this belong to ? enthusiast, xtreme or pro league ?

More pics:

normal_RXCS05.JPG

normal_RXCS06.JPG

normal_RXCS07.JPG

• 2 weeks later...