HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://uat.hwbot.org/user/nom_yeslinux

http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/nom_yeslinux?tab=profile

i don't know how i lose points, now looking my submissions and comparing points btw the 2 rev's to see what happened. :P

Oh, ok. I see what happened. It's because we removed the HW cap and installed 'top-20'-rule instead. The way hardware points are allocated to your team total:

- Rev3: MAX(hardware points, 300)

- Rev4: SUM(top-20 most rewarding hardware scores)

Example: if you have 1000 0.1p submissions, your hw point contribution would be:

- Rev3: MAX(1000x0.1, 300) => 100p

- Rev4: SUM(25x 0.1) => 2.5p

In other words: "push harder" !

Oh, ok. I see what happened. It's because we removed the HW cap and installed 'top-20'-rule instead. The way hardware points are allocated to your team total:

- Rev3: MAX(hardware points, 300)

- Rev4: SUM(top-20 most rewarding hardware scores)

Example: if you have 1000 0.1p submissions, your hw point contribution would be:

- Rev3: MAX(1000x0.1, 300) => 100p

- Rev4: SUM(25x 0.1) => 2.5p

In other words: "push harder" !

Understood. :)

Thanks for explanation Massman.

Not sure if so much emphasis on hardware is good for the Enthusiast league... popular old stuff is more valuable than good current scores

Does the test server have options to search through each benchmark for global scores? I can't see it :(

For global leaderboards, is everyone in together, or is there a separate leaderboard for Pro, OC and Enthus?

Edited by K404

Anybody else getting a 500 error?

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception

org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 logs.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.16

Well, it's not a 500 error any more; now it's a 502

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at hwbot.org Port 80

Not sure if so much emphasis on hardware is good for the Enthusiast league... popular old stuff is more valuable than good current scores

Does the test server have options to search through each benchmark for global scores? I can't see it :(

For global leaderboards, is everyone in together, or is there a separate leaderboard for Pro, OC and Enthus?

The enthusiast league is mainly to engage new members to push their system harder.

Just click on a benchmark and go to the rankings tab: http://uat.hwbot.org/benchmark/wprime_1024m

Currently, everyone is still together. We have a few options to make the split-up even more effective, but we want to await complaints/feedback to see which would be the best solution.

so far so good (more when the server is back online ;)), but

I also removed global points from CPU-Z validation

this is no good idea. the cpu-z global list is the only one where you can make good globals points without spending hundreds of dollar and using the newest hardware. it is nice to have such old hardware that gives you a benefit in one benchmark.

Not giving global results to CPU-Z makes sense, though. Comparing frequency has only value if you compare it to similar hardware. 7000MHz with Gulftown is much more impressive than 7000MHz with Cedar Mill.

if you use this as a reason, than no Benchmark can have global points, because as an exampe a GTX570 is an other architecture than a 8800gtx and to get 60k in 03 with a 8800gtx is much more impressive than with a gtx570.

so please keep global points for cpu-z and dont make it one CPU benchmark (global) less. there are to many GPU Benchmarks compared to the CPU Benchmarks

so please keep global points for cpu-z and dont make it one CPU benchmark (global) less. there are to many GPU Benchmarks compared to the CPU Benchmarks

Fyi, I actually calculated the amount of points you have if you're #1 everywhere

CPU -> 38109,4

GPU -> 27993,1

In other words: more rankings for GPU, but more points for CPU rankings :)

Thank you, it's MUCH faster now. Even faster than the main Rev.3 page. (Static databases will do that.) :)

I'm upset with you Massman. Madshrimps passed us in the new revision. Our hard-earned place above XS was also lost. Consider your team targeted sir!

Thank you, it's MUCH faster now. Even faster than the main Rev.3 page. (Static databases will do that.) :)

I'm upset with you Massman. Madshrimps passed us in the new revision. Our hard-earned place above XS was also lost. Consider your team targeted sir!

:eek:

Shouldn't be that difficult, I think. I was actually surprised Madshrimps was ranked higher; my guess it's because we have Gamer covering a lot of different hardware rankings.

But ... game on! :D

Fyi, I actually calculated the amount of points you have if you're #1 everywhere

CPU -> 38109,4

GPU -> 27993,1

In other words: more rankings for GPU, but more points for CPU rankings :)

Why then don't include 3D Mark 11 for points instead to cut cpu points?

CPU-Z is great to bench, when you need to push it to the end, I would really like to see it as global points

Why then don't include 3D Mark 11 for points instead to cut cpu points?

CPU-Z is great to bench, when you need to push it to the end, I would really like to see it as global points

Because we're not trying to reach equality between points you can get with CPU and GPU. Fyi, these are the benchmarks that did not have any points before, but which have hardware points enabled on the test server:

- PCMark04

- Reference clock

- Memory clock

- PCMark Vantage

- Heaven DX9

- 3DMark 11 Performance

Just for testing.