HWBOT Community Forums

Coldslow and Coldbug VGA BIOS collection

Massman

Just got this in my mailbox from a friendly anonymous source. According to source, this BIOS is supposed to be the xtreme OC bios for the reference HD 7970 (just like the 'pros' are using). It would allegedly disable powertune and override CCC limits.

- AMD Radeon HD 7970 (reference) xtreme oc BIOS: http://91.121.148.119/downloads/VGABIOS/Tahiti_XT_C3860100_X00_BIOS_Dec20_2011.exe

Double-click the .exe and the bios will be flashed on your card. If you tested this BIOS, please provide feedback :)

Just got this in my mailbox from a friendly anonymous source. According to source, this BIOS is supposed to be the xtreme OC bios for the reference HD 7970 (just like the 'pros' are using). It would allegedly disable powertune and override CCC limits.

- AMD Radeon HD 7970 (reference) xtreme oc BIOS: http://91.121.148.119/downloads/VGABIOS/Tahiti_XT_C3860100_X00_BIOS_Dec20_2011.exe

Double-click the .exe and the bios will be flashed on your card. If you tested this BIOS, please provide feedback :)

No change for me compared to the Asus bios

I guess those cards have CB issues the same as 6970. Some cards worked at full pot and some crashed -5 or -20*C. Depends on sample. I had to handpick 4x GPU from 12 pieces for 4x 6970 @ LN2, handpicking only gpus in order to run cold, not MHz. What's more, most 5870 didn't have CB but I had some samples which worked only up to -100*C.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...