HWBOT Community Forums

REV4 up and running! Questions, suggestions, feedback goes in here

Massman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that join the top 20 points of hardware, but the overall score and give the "real " HWBoints. The question is, because I do not understand that relationship with UP points to the "real " ranking?

Regards and excuse my bad English :D

Hey :) If enough people agree and if it "looks" right, please can the 3D benchmark list get "juggled" so it's in chronological/ numerical order?

Having 3DM01 towards the bottom is just... alien...

Thats all thats jumped out at me so far :) I think I like it :D

Also..... please can results have hardware rankings included in the benchmark results list, without needing to go into the result details?

Edited by K404

Hey :) If enough people agree and if it "looks" right, please can the 3D benchmark list get "juggled" so it's in chronological/ numerical order?

Having 3DM01 towards the bottom is just... alien...

Thats all thats jumped out at me so far :) I think I like it :D

+1, starting a VGA hardware page with a 3DMark99 list (which is almost always empty) sucks

Submitted total 63 entries but its still stuck showing only 56. I submitted various entries that should have added to my points but everytime I check the results where the same. The achievements .. I should have unlocked the 10 cups&ribons one but it was still stuck showing only 9 even though it showed 4 gold , 4 bronze , 2 ribbons. Now I lost a rank so today its 4gold , 3bronze , 3 ribbons .. still no 10 cup/ribbon acheivment unlock.

I counted all of my points and it should be into the 90+ team points but mine is still stuck showing only 83 total in achievements and 85 somthing total.

Bring back the recalculate button, I used to fix all of this before but now there is nothing to use. I think the site overall is worse than before.

My maxmem says its invalid as others I have looked at even though I used the HWBOT everything. Also yesterday I had a submission show up that wasnt even mine but it was under my name. I deleted it.

edit: Also all the screenshots I recently submitted doesn't show up.

Edited by HAZED
adding info

In the recent submissions section under "My Team" can we have a date range to choose from? Like 1 week, 1 Month, 3 months... etc..?

because before what I would do was to update the HTML in the link bar to get the range that I wanted...

attachment.php?attachmentid=980&stc=1&d=1307413784

but now I can't do that.

How do I see all my teams submissions for the Month of May?

Vin

Someone could have said it already, but can we have back the type of cooling column and the cooling in submission details?

From usability point of view, rev3 was better :P One example: switching between benchmarks now takes 2 clicks (dropdown click + item click), compared to the single click in rev3 (tab switch).

I might have missed that, but where's the place one could easily see the sample screenshot for a given benchmark? Let's say I wanna submit PCMark04, but I can't find the screenshot? Rules and Guides from top nav -> PCMark04 leads to front page, and there's no clue on the benchmark page or I'm blind :).

Another thing - calculation takes really long time, it was much faster in rev3.

In rev3 it was done with a scheduler background. Good thing about that is that submission itself is instantanious, but you have to wait a while before your submission gets ranked and has points.

Now it's done immediately... I can change it to a scheduler again but then other people will complain they don't immediately get points/rank. :P

I think only the people who submit 50 scores at the same time have a good reason to complain:p Still, that can be voided if it's possible to submit more results at once, without screwups (like open 10 submit score tabs, and when pressing submit on the first one, you do the next one and so on). You know if this is doable? I would think so, but I want it confirmed :)

Where are the rules for each benchmarks ?

ie9, when you clic on the ss, you have to download it and choose .jpg then open it with ''windows pics viewer''(dunno what's his name in english).

But yeah it works with Chrome and FF4, but not ie9 ;)

Can we have notifications back ? I mean like it was before : your submission with a xxxx received a global/hardware rank of xxx. Your submission with a xxx received xx hardware points.

And also when we lose points and ranks.

Can We have back cups icon in submission ? And also in profile page, not only showing how many cups I have.

Second question is ; when update achievements will be working.

In the recent submissions section under "My Team" can we have a date range to choose from? Like 1 week, 1 Month, 3 months... etc..?

because before what I would do was to update the HTML in the link bar to get the range that I wanted...

attachment.php?attachmentid=980&stc=1&d=1307413784

but now I can't do that.

How do I see all my teams submissions for the Month of May?

Vin

Request: in My Team -> Team Rankings -> Best of 'Team', can we change it so people's names appear on that list, otherwise it's a series of 'Bench Tec UK' rather than 'Person 1' or 'Person 2' and you have to scroll over to see who scored what.

Ok :) Thank you Frederick

Another little request too: could we get our Hardware Leaugue's stats in our profile, it lacks a bit I think.

Someone could have said it already, but can we have back the type of cooling column and the cooling in submission details?

From usability point of view, rev3 was better :P One example: switching between benchmarks now takes 2 clicks (dropdown click + item click), compared to the single click in rev3 (tab switch).

I might have missed that, but where's the place one could easily see the sample screenshot for a given benchmark? Let's say I wanna submit PCMark04, but I can't find the screenshot? Rules and Guides from top nav -> PCMark04 leads to front page, and there's no clue on the benchmark page or I'm blind :).

Added to backlog

There's a minimum amount of participants (10).

//From the bug thread.

If it takes 10 participants to generate PP AND if you have >20 hw submissions, unique (unpopular hardware) is pointless again (pun intended).

In Rev 3 you added the 2 point "freebie" points to unpopular hardware. Many people who bench this hardware do it for their team. Right now they are getting 0 team points and no hwpoints because it fell off the bottom of their submissions limit (as apposed to adding up to 300 hw points).

Can you reduce the # of participants needed to generate PP. Or add "freebie" PP points like you do with HW points?

and no hwpoints because it fell off the bottom of their submissions limit (as apposed to adding up to 300 hw points).

Just like the 300 hw points cap, the top-20 only applies to the user ranking. For the team ranking ALL scores count.

Just like the 300 hw points cap, the top-20 only applies to the user ranking. For the team ranking ALL scores count.

So 1st place in a hw category with 9 participants is worth 2/10 = .2 team points. And maybe 2 individual hw points, if its in your top 20 submissions.

Honestly this doesn't matter to me much. But I think many people would be happy to see this changed. Plus it would encourage people to continue to bench unpopular hardware. I see people who won't submit .1 results. It actually hurts the database as a whole. Just my 2c.

Added to backlog

Was just thinking about these two changes and going to ask you about them but they have already been mentioned. :)

How long does it take before the backlog's changes are put into affect? Months before rev4.1 or a minor update in a week or two?

Really did enjoy seeing the cups and medals on the page for a top5 submission, and miss getting updates about my ranking in different categories. :)

Originally Posted by Christian Ney

Can we have notifications back ? I mean like it was before : your submission with a xxxx received a global/hardware rank of xxx. Your submission with a xxx received xx hardware points.

And also when we lose points and ranks.

Originally Posted by DEVILEK

Can We have back cups icon in submission ? And also in profile page, not only showing how many cups I have.