HWBOT Community Forums

REV4 up and running! Questions, suggestions, feedback goes in here

Massman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that like Belgian's being Eurasian Africans :P

On a slightly more serious note might I say how great the new version is - a credit to you all who give your time so selflessly.

Edited by OverPAQ'd

It's quite difficult to find the exact reason. Do the points add up correctly?

No - team contribution of single members added is a big difference and does absolutely not match with total points.

Points added in total points frame match with wrong total points.

No solution for this problem? Where there any changes this night or morning to the server or something like that? It's definitly very strange that we had ~8080 points yesterday evening and now only ~7700 points.

Btw: i also heard that pcgameshardware is in front of awardfabrik in teamranking and nobody @ pcghx know's why?!

But not 400 points within 6-8 hours - seems a little bit impossible - above all because of nobody visibly lost that much points! In my opinion this is a public beta test of rev.4 (someone brought it to the point - it's more Rev.0.4 than 4.0) with all the bugs - thats far far away from being final.

And finally, when i look in this thread TPP. This goes against the principle of encouraging benching - it's gonna be a little bit ridiculous, when i hear "Looking into this, sounds like we might have missed something in the R4 logic."! ;)

Edit:

Now it's gonna be really crazy - now we have 90 points more than 30 minutes ago, without uploading anything.

Edited by DopeLex

Then you surely can explain me, why we now have more points than 30 minutes ago without doing anything. ;) That does not sound like a normal behavior in my eyes and you can't say that that has do do with tpp - losing points without to do anything makes sense in my eyes but gain points?!

Perhaps it's because I'm trying to fix your initial problem and have triggered the engine to recalculate all submissions.

Fyi, didn't mAlkAv!An change teams a few days ago? If yes, that's the reason why you suddenly lost so many points (I fixed a point scoring issue of his account).

That maybe could be an explantation - for the lost of points - did you fixed that yesterday or this morning? I just try to figure out how this can be.

But why they range so much, espacially upwards?

Edit: But i think he contributed ~1100 points to our team. When i know calculate our Points minus 1100 (mAlkAV!An) plus 480 (Moose83) - we have a difference of 620 but we lost only ~ 300 at the momentary standing - also weird.

Edited by DopeLex

The TPP contribution of a user is relative to the team is he is part of. So, a user can have 1000 TPP points in one team, but only 250 TPP when he goes to another team. Practical example:

- User A is the only one playing with dry ice in Team X => all his scores are the best of his team => a lot of TPP

- User A changes to Team Y, in which most members play with LN2 => 1/2 of his scores are the best of the team => less TPP

When User A, who for example has 1000 TPP in Team X, leaves the team, it also means that other users will now have the 'best score of team' in new categories. So, it's possible you lose 1000 TPP member, but the loss is covered by all the other members and therefore is lower than the 1000 TPP.

//edit: fixed it this morning.

Want to ask it again, thought that someone and me asked it some sites before, would it be possible that we can again see the whole hardware-points on the user-profile-page (like in Rev.3)?

That would be great, it's a little bit nerved and circuitous to look always in the hardware-masters-ranking list to see, where you are. Besides the ranking is only updated once a day i think. :)

With the new league separations, where does 'chilled water' come in, i.e. chilling it with a Hailea (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2010/07/20/hailea-hc-500a-water-chiller-review/1) to about 6C? Will I get bumped from the Enthusiast to the Overclockers league? Some of us can't compete with Siberean and Nordic 'ambient' temperatures :P

Edited by borandi

With the new league separations, where does 'chilled water' come in, i.e. chilling it with a Hailea (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2010/07/20/hailea-hc-500a-water-chiller-review/1) to about 6C? Will I get bumped from the Enthusiast to the Overclockers league? Some of us can't compete with Siberean and Nordic 'ambient' temperatures :P

Excellent question. IMO, water is water. Proving the temp is impossible.