HWBOT Community Forums

WHATS UP WITH 3d11!!??

Why are there no global points for 3d11?..I seriously don't get it. You guys post news clips on your front page about MSI and Gigabyte taking 3d11 records with new cards, but there are no global points/WR points awarded for futuremarks latest dx11 benchmark for top score or single card? strange..

Can we please have global points in PRO league already? Whats up with awarding global wr points for such an old ass benchmark like 05 that only requires cards on air and binned cpu, but not for something like 3d11 that actually requires u to overclock 1-4 gpus VERY VERY hard for top score and isn't so heavily cpu bound that ANYONE can take it as long as they have some 1 of 300 sample of cpu like 05?

Edited by k|ngp|n

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3DMark11 Performance currently has hardware points for it.

For the Overclockers League, that means people who get big 3DM11 scores in the hardware categories already see it in effect on their own ranking. Eg: Gunslinger gets 20p from his #2 GTX580 3DM11 score:

Dude forget about hardware points. You know thats not what I'm talking about.

GLOBAL POINTS and WORLD RECORD POINTS!!!! Cmon hwbot lets move forward and be a little more current with the times..

Edited by k|ngp|n

U guys gonna add stone giant soon? :D

3d11 is a bad ass bench. Once I started running it I really started to dig it even more than vantage. Heaven is jsut one long game test with no breaks and no other dynamics involved in running, pretty boring actually. Also it was harder for me to get the same 4 cards doing 1220/2500+ in 11 than in heaven + no physics and combined test for pushing overall system = less demanding on the system and not as complete as 11 actually.

Edited by k|ngp|n

Why add Stone Giant?

Yeah, I think 3DM11 is pretty cool too. Had a blast when pushing GTX560 Ti. So, I think HW points for Overclockers League is justified, right? :)

Cuz thats the direction u guys seem to be going in..I dunno maybe its just me that sees it this way lol :D

Actually, we looked into Stone Giant, but it was too hard to adapt it for competitive benching. Unigine was a lot better in that aspect.

Heaven is not as demanding on a complete system and difficult to run on a full system as 3dmark11. Its not as complete as a benchmark either.

I think having both for dx11 in global and wr points is cool, why the cblock on 11?

It's not really an attempt to clockblock 11. Just when it got out there were some issue, people got down and settled with Heaven DX11 which seems (nick's 11 -way was at 1250/1250, heaven at 1230/1250 or so) to make people work for the clocks just as much as 11 at this point.

Not a lot of animo in the forums either. Dunno, just not a lot of people asking for it. HW points are cool for 95% of the enthusiasts out there, I guess.

Let the people have their own choice in which benchmarks they will run.

Like Vince said, 3D Mark11 is a "I got no gold CPU" guy helper, and that is a good thing.

Good VGAs come much easier than gold CPUs, and 3-4 way SLI/CF is also a good practice/challenge for a bencher ( cooling-wise ), and easier to have a decent go at, since it's easier to find 3-4 VGAs that run at 1200-1250 than finding one that hits 1500+ or a 6.5GHz+ 3D 980/990X or 5.9G Sandy.

GL, HW, and WR points for every benchmark is a good step forward as I see it.

By the way, am I the only one who sees Heaven as inconsistent as MaxxMEM is ? The scores are all over the place.

I like the fact there is an alternative even if not as good as FM benchmark, Unigine that is.

Like Vince said, 3D Mark11 is a "I got no gold CPU" guy helper, and that is a good thing.
I disagree. 3DMARK11 "P" is "I got EVGA SR2" board guy helper benchmark as you call it

'11 "X" is a different story and very similar to Unigine but you will still have an advantage on SR2

Unigine can be benched on a few different platforms which are alright, X58 being main, SR2 and also 990FX 4way seems pretty efficient also from some testing ive done and also ATI graphics cards are actually a viable alternative in benching. I am yet to see anyone have a serious crack with ATI cards but i think its doable.

Massman asked me about my opinion earlier and i am indifferent whether it has points or not but i do think hwbot needs to provide some options to us other than FM. Benchmarks need competition, you've all seen some colossal fuckups lately with released of FM benchmarks and after some serious bitching to FM it took some time and we got things changed. If there was ZERO competition and therefore demands we would be told to get stuffed and would be benching blind and then had to have internet connection to submit the benchmark live to check the subtests for example.

Unigine provide tougher competition and various platforms for people to choose to compete with. If that is truly the goal than Unigine is the best fit.

Another advantage of having a non-FM benchmark is that HWBOT in this instance (who represent us I HOPE) can have input in benchmark design so with future revsions we could influence in how we want the bench to be. This is a pretty big deal imo unless FM would be willing to work closely with HWBOT on upcoming benchmarks as HWBOT understands us better than anyone else imo

Edited by dinos22