HWBOT Community Forums

MrPaco - Pentium 4 521 @ 4127.6MHz - 18532 marks PCMark 2005

Mr.Scott

Hi MrPaco, please you run again this Pcmark'05 in XP ?, show this run, and sorry but this screenshot (Win 7) is too small, i dont see nothing :(

You must understand that, no one has used so many i-rams, audio comp. is very high compared to others, but they have not used this configuration.

Run again this '05 in XP, and show me this screen.

Thanks so much

Hello Sweet.

I have no problem at all running it again. Setting it back up now...

Sorry the WIN7 picture was too small, I didnt know how to attach an image here. See if this one is better.

Edited by mr.paco

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XP startup is slightly over the cap Frank. Not a submissable entry but it should prove your point.

Also, thank you Alex and the rest of the staff for taking time to figure this out. I realize the score looks out of line, but it's set up on an odd, and to my knowledge, never used before storage method. It actually could be correct. Don't be so quick to diss it because it's an unknown factor. I'm sure Paco will co-operate and give you any added info you might need.

Again, thanks for at least looking into it. At least a few in the community are willing to help out. That makes me feel like there is hope for the rest of you.

Edited by Mr.Scott

• Crew

Thanks MrPaco and Scotty mainly there to see that the Audio comp, as the video is not out of line.

I have no doubt that this power of storage will achieve my good score, but trying to be fair on the subject, I think Audio is very high for 1 core.

Considering that this is the first time you use this configuration, there is no history to compare.

I used irams time ago ( two loaned), , but had no fluctuation in Video and Audio

I can assure that all staff are watching this benchmark is very extreme :eek:

Thanks MrPaco and Scotty mainly there to see that the Audio comp, as the video is not out of line.

I have no doubt that this power of storage will achieve my good score, but trying to be fair on the subject, I think Audio is very high for 1 core.

Considering that this is the first time you use this configuration, there is no history to compare.

I used irams time ago ( two loaned), , but had no fluctuation in Video and Audio

I can assure that all staff are watching this benchmark is very extreme :eek:

I agree - There is nothing to compare against historically but then again there's a first time for everything.

Innovation's like this can and will give some "Whacky" looking results because it's never been seen before, probrably never been attempted before either with this kind of configuration and the data from such a run/set of runs is useful.

Whenever you go into uncharted territory, you'll see some strange things that's entirely new and I believe a new historical precident is being made right here; Paco being the one making it happen and justly deserves the credit for his innovation.

Just like when Placid and I did 485+ Ref speed with a Socket 754, we're seeing the limits or boundaries being pushed back once more - Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride guys.

EDIT: Nice run Paco!

Edited by Bones

• Crew
Here it is Sweet.

I dont know how to put the image right in the post. Let me know if the image size is good or not. If if it is too small, please let me know how else to get it to you.

Thank you...

Thanks MrPaco , I will consult with all staff, give us some time please :)

Sw

Ps: i see this screen...something small, but visible

I think it's time for me to build a PCM05 rig again and test all OS on it, first time I saw XP faster than WindowsVista/7 for transparent windows test, good catch.

For your Windows 7 run you provided, you used the same windows media encoder as on your XP run ?

Cause under windows 7 it's 2 times slower, aka 2400 kb/s vs 4400 kb/s

I saw guys having only 2~3 I-Ram and having same XP startup and HDD General usage as you, seems that having 8 I-Ram doesn't scale, if you have too much I-Ram feel free you know how to PM me :D

I think it's time for me to build a PCM05 rig again and test all OS on it, first time I saw XP faster than WindowsVista/7 for transparent windows test, good catch.

Yup, thats why I take the time to run em on all 3 OSs, you just never know for sure. And yes on some setups, Vista would out do XP. There are factors that play a great role, such as 32bit or 64bit cpu, single or dual core, AMD or Intel, page set up, Raid driver n so on. And at the end just hope for a good stable run (OCin Gods willing :)) You get the idea ;)

For your Windows 7 run you provided, you used the same windows media encoder as on your XP run ?

Cause under windows 7 it's 2 times slower, aka 2400 kb/s vs 4400 kb/s

Yes, same encoder #9 is the only one I use on all OSs.

In fact that WIN7 run was done at just about the same OC as my original XP run. Different effects with different OSs. I dont know why :confused:but it is

I saw guys having only 2~3 I-Ram and having same XP startup and HDD General usage as you, seems that having 8 I-Ram doesn't scale, if you have too much I-Ram feel free you know how to PM me :D

Sure it happens, like I said it depends on the chip, your set up n so on. Its not easy, I get results with XP Startup n HDD General Usage at way over 300+ and sometimes the other way around with 000.042mb/s :eek:.

If I do find myself with more I-Rams than needed, My team mates would come first but after that your the first one Christian :)

• Crew

theres no way xp is faster than w7/vista in transparent windows.. its only if you dont enable Aero or are usign a GPU that doesnt support it,

xp has always been faster in a bunch of those system based tests, so that doesnt surprise..

the only thing that pops up at me in the face when i look at this score is the audio encoder being out of line with other people on the same setup... my only though it perhaps a recent futuremark patch has enabled something that helps audio encoder in xp? like it did bringing video encoding up.. i always hate to speculate without testing though..

other than audio, score looks good though..

i have 15 i-rams, but don't use so many because i have no controller for that. :D

That's where ingenuity comes into play. :D

also, the i-rams don't influence the audio\video encoding.

And we can prove this how?, since nobody has run that many before.

i used up to 7 i-rams and it didn't influence any test other than the hdd tests. :rolleyes:

Perfect. That's what I wanted to know in the first place. Honestly guys, you could just volunteer the information instead of making us pull teeth to get it. All we're looking for is validation of the score or a valid, proveable reason why it's blocked.

I must have mis-understood this post then.

i have 15 i-rams, but don't use so many because i have no controller for that. :D

Edited by Mr.Scott

This is crazy.

The very first point about this whole thing was if I cheated to get the score I did get.

So if it was 1 I-Ram or 100 is not the point. The point is was it a lagit honest run.

At this point my intrest is when the "BOT STAFF" makes their deccision, no matter YAY or NAY with what ever reason for the final decision, I would like them to make it perfectly clear here to everyone that based on my proof (video & screen shots provided) that I did not in any way deliberatly cheat on that run.

Sure I'd love to have it approved but I'd rather loose the points than to ruin my shot/limited but clean reputation...

Some may understand that & some may not but to all Thank you...

• Crew

Scotty and MrPaco (Frank, I think ?, my real name is Alex) is not accused of anything., maybe one run is bugged (or not), but no cheat.

The staff is sharing information, to determine if your run is correct or not

Your honesty and work is not in doubt :)

Hugs

Sw