HWBOT Community Forums

Score manager

Description:

After the bench session, it often happens there are a lot of scores. Uploading them all can be quite a drag, so it would be easier if all that can happen at once.

This application should allow mass-submission of results.

- User

- Hardware

- Scores

- Verification (screenshot or verificationlink)

The application does not auto-valid scores and points are awarded only when the score is uploaded.

Sketch:

14jvt41.png

This is really a first brainstorm. This will probably change a lot.

Language: c#.net 4.0

WPF to do some graphical magic.

Already started developing?

No, even the analysis isn’t done yet.

what kind of help you need?

Programmers who want to help can help. Svn will be provided.

If you architect this properly, it should be possible to use the same model and view model source to target not only a Windows build, but also Android and iPhone (using MonoDroid and MonoTouch respectively).

I've done it for MonoDroid.

I'm also happy to use my GitHub account to host it, though there's no real need - GitHub is free for open source projects.

It may be possible to port it to a smartphone, but is there any need for that?

Will users want to add scores using a smartphone with a limited screensize. There is a lot of info to fill in and you should be able to add a screenshot or validationfile to the score.

It may be possible to port it to a smartphone, but is there any need for that?

Will users want to add scores using a smartphone with a limited screensize. There is a lot of info to fill in and you should be able to add a screenshot or validationfile to the score.

Quite possibly not.

I guess I'm just thinking more from an OO design purist point of view. It's a good test of sound design and correct pattern adherence for code modules to be independently portable.

The other thing to consider is longevity of the code assets. There's a bit of debate about the future of WPF and Silverlight given what people have seen of Windows 8 and how Microsoft has been shunting teams around.

We just wouldn't want to couple any model functionality with a specific UI implementation...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...