HWBOT Community Forums

Competition points....what, when, and how?

miahallen

Posted about a month ago in the Rev.4 discussion thread:

So how do we get competition points (GOOC, MOA, etc)? It's a form somewhere? :)

I need to add all those competitions to the database :)

Any updates on this?

Also, I wanted to know if there will be team points awarded for team competitions (ie monthly HWBot challenges)?

What was the intention, what is the current status, and how do we plan for future comps?

I see it's missing from the faq, I hope massman can explain it there.

The competition points are implemented and are handed out for official level1/2/3 competitions. The higher the level, the more points you get.

GEIL FFA is a lvl 1 competition, check the sidebar for the points distribution:

http://test.hwbot.org/competition/geil_ffa/

Says our team already has 10 points, would be nice if we could see from whom. Also, it looks like they are freeflowing during a competition, rather than awarded at the end?

Also, is it one point per person entering the level 1 contest, or one point overall for the whole team no matter who enters?

Says our team already has 10 points, would be nice if we could see from whom. Also, it looks like they are freeflowing during a competition, rather than awarded at the end?

Also, is it one point per person entering the level 1 contest, or one point overall for the whole team no matter who enters?

1 point for any member participating in the contest (handed out immediately). The other points for your position are handed out at the end, obviously.