HWBOT Community Forums

LN2 Cooling Gear: who, what, where?

Massman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Looking to go sub-zero shortly so i've been doing a little window shopping for cpu pots. Still at the early stages of research but thought i'd ask the experienced guys to get an opinion/advice!

Pot's seem to vary quite a bit with different guys/company's producing more than just one pot, from this i gather some are suited to some applications better than others. I've picked up on some prefer one pot for 'x' and another for 'y'.

So, what are the differences between pots? i.e, does it depend on hardware being used (in my case haswell/ivy-e for now), or way they holds temps etc etc. I'm sure a lot of it is down to personal preference but a quick run down of the fundamentals would be greatly appreciated!

I guess you want to go for LN2? Or just dice?

Like you already noticed 99% is just about the personal preference and not the real performance. If you are benching with a CB-CPU (Haswell) it depends whether you like fast reaction or more a huge mass for buffering and less temperature ups-and-downs.

For CB-free CPUs like Ivy-E you need a pot which has a good surface to reach the lowest temperature possible. However there are some CPUs which have a CB at about -185°C so it can happen that you run into a coldbug after load on the CPU. E.g. when a benchmark-run is over. Xtreme Addict can probably tell more about this.

You can actually buy any of the latest pots as they are all really good. No matter if EK-Waterblocks, KPC or my stuff. Just go by price, shipping-costs, mounting mechanism, accessoires and style.

LN2.

I think as a first timer steady temps would be the way to go, having more control seems like a bonus. In fact that poses the question, why would you want less control and faster reaction? So where does the Fusion fit into the grand scheme of pots in that repsect?

Hmm, that's one thing i didn't even contemplate, when load is off! I'll need to go read a few threads and soak up as much info as i can!

Nice website btw. :)

Faster reaction helps when you have (E.G.) no CB but CBB at -120c.

Personal pref and benching style will affect what pot you like the most. There are some pots I just can't get to grips with no matter how many times I try it and there are some I can get something useful out of after the first 30 minutes of using one.

No doubt some people can feel at home with any pot in front of them. Pffffft sluts :P

Edited by K404

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I know that it might be not a proper place, but I'd like you to warn you with doing buisness with ryba. I've ordered mouting kits for about ~100 euro - I'm still waiting from 2 months and nothing. He took my money and now he's not responding anymore. Be careful doing business with him and don't pay all money in advance like I did...

Anybody experienced problem with him?

I know that it might be not a proper place, but I'd like you to warn you with doing buisness with ryba. I've ordered mouting kits for about ~100 euro - I'm still waiting from 2 months and nothing. He took my money and now he's not responding anymore. Be careful doing business with him and don't pay all money in advance like I did...

Anybody experienced problem with him?

His reputation is at an all time low, http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=109616

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
2 hours ago, maddin-6616 said:

Does anyone here have any idea where to get LN2 pot for cpus and gpus? The only thing I found is the kingpin shop. But there are only CPU pots there. I would like to try dry ice first, but without hardware it's just bad ...

https://bartxstore.com/product-category/extreme-cooling/

https://www.burningoc.de/reaktor

https://shop.bitspower.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_356

I think those are the only sellers currently, but its always an option to try finding a used LN2 pot as well

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...