HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge September 2011 thread.

Massman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there were less stages, my chances wouldn´t be better to win the competition ;)

my intel-result would be good for 0 points and my s3 would only give points when there are less than 5 submissions at that stage :(

edit: hey, i´ve a super savage at my old thinkpad :)

so there will be still two stages for me chris :P

and maybe there will be something benchable at my stack :/

Edited by Luebke

Just make your way to the local electronics recycling place. At least here in Canada these things are everywhere, ask nice and they let you go through the stacks of old cards they crush for the metal. $2 a piece can't go wrong. Going to see what I can find today!

Edited by Rasparthe

actualy i´ve found a lot of old grphiccards in my stack. one might be a voodoo3 :) some i don´t know, but matrox ore sis might be possible...

but i have a problem: most cards i can´t identify because there are no label on it :(

i´m afraid that it could kill my system because of wrong agp-standart. the stupid vendors uses at most cards the ultimate agp-port so u can´t see what agp-version it is. is there a chance to find out, what agp-version it is without destrouy the system? ^^

@Chiller: nice card :)

do you use it for work?

@christian ney: my 6326 seems to be damaged. it works just at the beginning of boot-sequence, but already the menu where you choose the os doesn´t appear. thats interesting, because there is no driver loaded before you have chosen the os, right?

i´ve tried on 3 pcs and with win xp, win7 and ubuntu...

Edited by Luebke

@christian ney: my 6326 seems to be damaged. it works just at the beginning of boot-sequence, but already the menu where you choose the os doesn´t appear. thats interesting, because there is no driver loaded before you have chosen the os, right?

i´ve tried on 3 pcs and with win xp, win7 and ubuntu...

I had to use Windows 98, and you need specific drivers, for exemple I managed only to run 3DMark99, and DrSwizz managed to run 3DMark2000 too

Edited by Christian Ney

do you have more cards for this competition? i bet you have^^ when we will see more results of you? :)

I think the only card I haven't is the 3DLabs, I have all other manufacturers but maybe not the high end cards.

As for 3dfx I need a voodoo5 cause my voodoo3 can't run default settings of 32bit.

Got i7 2600K(HD3000) too but I need a Z68 board, let's see if my friend can send me one

Edited by Christian Ney

• 3 weeks later...