HWBOT Community Forums

Voting for WR for Global Records to enthusiasts

Hi friends.

I would like to do a suggestion

I think its not fair, I have been got a Unigine DX 11 World Record, and did not earn points.

I had lots of work to get this result, and I think earn it WR points.

Please vote to add points to Entusiast league.

Best regards and thanks in advance for all...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get the WR points though?

Points total includes 55 WR points.... which is weird because only 15 points are listed in your scores?

Oh.... I see the likely problem now

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30796

It's not league discrimination (I don't think)............ the WR points are broken!

Edited by K404

This guy gets the WR points though?

His points total includes 55 WR points.... which is weird because only 15 points are listed in his scores?

Oh.... I see the likely problem now

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30796

It's not league discrimination (I don't think)............ the WR points are broken!

now I have 55 WR Points....but these points are not added to my final score for the Enthusiast League.....I cry a lot for this reason :(

WR points are only for Pro and OC League, not for the enthusiast league. Of course we're open to discussion.

Our main argument for this implementation is that we want to prevent enthusiast league participants to have to buy really expensive systems to be able to compete. Of course, the current scoring system (which relies on hardware points more than global points), this is already taken care of partially.

IMHO, thats totally wrong. WR = WR = WR... it doesn't matter who takes it or what cooling they use

Can't use money as any kind of argument when the league involves global points which by definition will be best on top-end gear which is usually the most expensive

The vast majority of the time, the WR scores will go to the guys with LN2.... it's not fair to not give recognition to the guys who by luck of hardware and hardware architecture will occasionally be able to compete without sub-zero

Edited by K404

Honestly, It should not make a difference if in Pro, OC or Enthusiast league. Sure Enthusiasts may have to work at it harder BUT If you can bust your a** enough to archive a world record rank then by all right you earned it then you deserve the points that go along with it. There are some very very talented hard working good Enthusiast OCers here that can go up against some extreme coolers with their air/h20.

Yes to WR points for Enthusiast League...

WR points are only for Pro and OC League, not for the enthusiast league. Of course we're open to discussion.

Our main argument for this implementation is that we want to prevent enthusiast league participants to have to buy really expensive systems to be able to compete. Of course, the current scoring system (which relies on hardware points more than global points), this is already taken care of partially.

money really helps, but it also helps the Pro OC and Overclockers League.....

probably the tops of the OC Pro League have the chance to test hundreds of CPUs and GPUs.....I do not have this chance.....so I have to work hard to get the WR Points....I deserve them =D

Honestly, It should not make a difference if in Pro, OC or Enthusiast league. Sure Enthusiasts may have to work at it harder BUT If you can bust your a** enough to archive a world record rank then by all right you earned it then you deserve the points that go along with it. There are some very very talented hard working good Enthusiast OCers here that can go up against some extreme coolers with their air/h20.

Yes to WR points for Enthusiast League...

At the same time, what's to stop a sponsored pro from dropping to the enthusiast league and dominating it with cherry picks that you don't have to pay for and a water chiller. Not saying it would happen, but it could. You have to draw the line somewhere. Just playing devils advocate here.;)

If WR points mean that much to you, move to the OC league and take your chances.......or your lumps, however it works out.

Edited by Mr.Scott

I understood Faster.

This is and special case where this kind of Benchmark + Hardware do not need LN2 or sub zero.

If the bench was Vantage, 3DM11, 3dM06, XXX, will be a huge diference between cooling system and WR will not be possible.

We have no guys benching HD6990 LN2, and 2 x HD6990 can beat 4 x GTX 580 (sub zero), then it turns to an special case (singular).

Then I think there are no reason to Faster move to XOC league, cause he will lose many more than gain points...

Further...he have no sub zero results...

I intend he has lots of work to block his cards, and to beat extreme overclockers, and sure, I think is no fair he haves 100 points only as a souvenir.

To me, he deserves 100 points more to his score...

I will accept hwbot decision, but sure everybody can give his way of thinking here.

Very good job Faster.

I understood Faster.

This is and special case where this kind of Benchmark + Hardware do not need LN2 or sub zero.

If the bench was Vantage, 3DM11, 3dM06, XXX, will be a huge difference between cooling system and WR will not be possible.

We have no guys benching HD6990 LN2, and 2 x HD6990 can beat 4 x GTX 580 (sub zero), then it turns to an special case (singular).

Then I think there are no reason to Faster move to XOC league, cause he will lose many more than gain points...

Further...he have no sub zero results...

I intend he has lots of work to block his cards, and to beat extreme overclockers, and sure, I think is no fair he haves 100 points only as a souvenir.

To me, he deserves 100 points more to his score...

I will accept hwbot decision, but sure everybody can give his way of thinking here.

Very good job Faster.

So because it's a low percentage case you think it deserves special treatment? I think the other way. I consider it more like collateral damage for being in the enthusiast league. Great job non the less, but un-rewardable due to the class he's in.

No...no special threatment...

I think it can open the eyes to change the rules,.....

Why do you think he broke the world record overall and should not earn their 100 points from your overall score?

The rules had been made before considering it as a benchmark Unigine (purely 3D) could be broken by video cards in positive temperature

So because it's a low percentage case you think it deserves special treatment? I think the other way. I consider it more like collateral damage for being in the enthusiast league. Great job non the less, but un-rewardable due to the class he's in.

special treatment?

Smoke received 106.7 points with 1st place......and I got 6.7 points with my 1st place.....special treatment?

special treatment?

Smoke received 106.7 points with 1st place......and I got 6.7 points with my 1st place.....special treatment?

YOU ARE IN THE ENTHUSIAST LEAGUE! If you want the points, move to a higher league. Honestly, these rules have been in place since the start of rev.4, and I'm sure you're not the first person affected by this, so suck it up or change leagues.

On a side note: I personally could care less which way it goes, it's not my site, but the ever revolving door of rule changes for "special cases" needs to stop sometime. Seriously, granting yours is just going to open the floodgates for everybody to plead their "1 off" cases for rule changes. I remember a lot of time was spent by the staff making sure the classes and rules were fair for everyone, and I'm pretty sure there was a thread or two asking for user input..........and everybody liked the changes then. Now all of a sudden, there's been and endless stream of "that's not fair" or "we need to change this" in the last couple months. Not singling anyone out here, I'm just sayin'...................

Are you on the Brazilian team? Hmmm.......lots of turmoil there lately. Again, just sayin'...................

*off soapbox now*

Edited by Mr.Scott

Yea

He is in Brazilian Team and he got #1 Global.

And...what s your problem with Brazil...

Why can you cause turmoil with Brazil here in this thread....

Whats is wrong in your way of thinking???

The rules was created before this kind of trouble...and you are wrong...

Thats the #1st time that a Enthusiast overclocker got #1st WR Global (3D), and when the rules was created, nobody did think about its happen...

Thats non sense Faster not earn his 100 points cause he was in Enthusiast League...and more non sense you tell to Faster to change to higger league... (HE DO NOT OVERCLOCK IN SUB ZERO).

Just one more thing...he was not from my team...and Faster do not live in Brazil...but sure is unfair he do not received his points...