HWBOT Community Forums

Idea for the Enthusiast league

K404

Ok, there was a debate about WR points for users in the enthusiast league.

What IF......

Some CPU and GPU classes were reserved so ONLY people in the enthusiast league (ie....air & water) could submit results?

My thought is that enthusiast league is gonna have a lot of folk in it new to OC.... so it would be good if they could have a few classes where the LN guys couldn't take the rankings and the new guys can get a taste of silverware and competition with ONLY scores they can relate to

:)

Your idea is more exclusive to new overclockers than the current implementation. Now anyone can join with any setup they might have, but in your suggestion they first need to buy eligible hardware to start participating. If you don't have the hardware, you can't compete.

Also, why would we disallow anyone from trying to break a record in some hardware class?

I believe Kenny's about not allowing the very expensive CPUs in the enthusiast league, aka Intel Extreme Editions aka 980X/990X/3960X

If that was the idea ... I'd be open to it!

I wonder if there's a majority open to this idea, though. I recall the discussion arguments when a HWBoints rev change heavily reduced points for multi-GPU videocards and, well, it wasn't pretty.

example.... a user can only submit results with the 8600GT if they're in the Enthusiast league.

Once a series of hardware has the names released, HWB could pick one or two in advance and say "Enthusiast league only" that way, the decision is impartial. A card isn't picked that OCs like crap or has random behaviour.... sometimes an awesome card will become air/water only.... sometimes a dog of a card will

Edited by K404

example.... a user can only submit results with the 8600GT if they're in the Enthusiast league.

Once a series of hardware has the names released, HWB could pick one or two in advance and say "Enthusiast league only" that way, the decision is impartial. A card isn't picked that OCs like crap or has random behaviour.... sometimes an awesome card will become air/water only.... sometimes a dog of a card will

Ridiculous.:P