HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2011 thread.

Massman

How does it work for the average if say only 4 people from a country participate? The average may be higher than a country with 5 participants. Will they still be considered higher in the ranking because the average is higher? Does it rank based on number of valid entries and then by average?

The countries are ranking by:

- amount of scores

- average of scores

So, a team with bad average but with all 5 scores will always be ranked higher than a team with great average but only 4 scores.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make several submissions and the engine will detect your best one.

Do note, though, that tactics also come in play. You need to communicate with fellow countrymen so you're sure you don't block anyone else's best score. For instance:

- User A: 1500p with GTX285, 1450p with GTX275

- User B: 1499p with GTX285, 1300p with GTX275

- User C: 1400p with GTX280, 1200p with GTX275

The engine will calculate: AVG of GTX285 (user A) + GTX280 (user C) + GTX275 (user B) = 1400p. However, since user A has a much better score with the GTX275 than user B, the smart thing to do would be for user A to not submit with his GTX285 but leave that for User B. The, the engine will see:

- User A: 1450p with GTX275

- User B: 1499p with GTX285, 1300p with GTX275

- User C: 1400p with GTX280, 1200p with GTX275

And the result would be: AVG (1499p (285) + 1400p (280) + 1450p (275)) = 1449.66p

This kind of tactics are only necessary on the very last day of a stage, though. You can just submit all scores now and afterwards check which you're going to use for the final score.

ES are not allowed even for 3D benchmarks?

I mean I got a 990x ES and a GTX275, I want to compete in Unigine Dx9 stage, we all know that in Unigine with GT200 it won't make the difference. Moreover, 2600K is more efficient.

So I can't submit in this stage with the only cpu I own?