HWBOT Community Forums

Testing GIGABYTE X79-UD7 ...

Wtf about retail C1 incompatibility ... :confused:

I think there are new BIOSes coming out. There should be ... need some other fixes too. Oh, hey, could we all complain with one big petition to give us more than 4 bios profiles and allow is to name them so we can see which one is loaded? :D

I tried auto and setting them manually. No change.

+1 for naming the profiles!!!!!

I can change voltage in ET6 (Vcore) and use the board's buttones for multi bclk. I think I have a dud as 4.8Ghz on water is all I can bench at... YUCK

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for naming the profiles!!!!!

I can change voltage in ET6 (Vcore) and use the board's buttones for multi bclk. I think I have a dud as 4.8Ghz on water is all I can bench at... YUCK

Weirdly enough ... there are a lot of chips that maxing out around those clocks. Mine did 4.8G, even with just two cores enabled. And the chip can definitely do more than that.

Did you test on R4E too? Word on the e-street is that board had a similar issue in first beta versions but then got solved with bios updates??

@ Stasio - Does this bios prevent the non applying settings from the bios the beta's have? (I didnt look before I posted and sorry for the mini thread jack). No release notes on the website.

@ Massman, no R4E. The other X79 board I have (Asrock Extreme4-M) Doesnt even like to hold a 4.5ghz clock at the moment..

Replied to your PM, will test and report back.,

Edited by Earthdog

@ Stasio - Does this bios prevent the non applying settings from the bios the beta's have? (I didnt look before I posted and sorry for the mini thread jack). No release notes on the website.

Yeap.

Also, you no longer have to enable turbo mode in CPU Features to get over the default 37x multiplier.

Boot-up feels smoother too.

//edit: still the same weird performance bug (losing 7~9 seconds on 32M compared to GD65) and I haven't found the key to +4.9GHz yet like on the GD65 8D.

@ Massman, no R4E. The other X79 board I have (Asrock Extreme4-M) Doesnt even like to hold a 4.5ghz clock at the moment..

Replied to your PM, will test and report back.,

No worries, it doesn't work on the UD7. The board doesn't hard reboot that often. Maybe that's one of the issues.

Cold on the CPu itself lol. I know a buddy with retail who hit 5.0ghz with F3, otherwise i don't know many others with the same board. but do this, try without CPU PLL Overvoltage, see if you can hit 4.9ghz too, with it disabled? I hear it helps at high clocks, but i can do without it and have the same frequency.

When you say multi not sticking, you have C1E enabled, right?

Cold on the CPu itself lol. I know a buddy with retail who hit 5.0ghz with F3, otherwise i don't know many others with the same board. but do this, try without CPU PLL Overvoltage, see if you can hit 4.9ghz too, with it disabled? I hear it helps at high clocks, but i can do without it and have the same frequency.

When you say multi not sticking, you have C1E enabled, right?

Hopefully its that simple (C1E)...but I swear I left that on default.

Oh well, new CPU to arrive tomorrow so I can test again. The old one is dead somehow.