HWBOT Community Forums

Testing GIGABYTE X79-UD7 ...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, F11a still has a bug, that was also present in the F10. When PCH 1.1V and PCH 1.5V voltages are set to "Normal" in the Chipset Voltage Control Section then the CPU does not receive its voltage set by the user.

Eg. if the above mentioned voltages are set to "Normal" and CPU Vcore is set to 1.4V, then the CPU receives only 1.15V. If these are set to anothet value, then everything is okay.

HGyu

• 3 weeks later...

Using F11a BIOS in combination with i7-3820 and of course the UD7. The weird behaviour is the following: After CMOS reset I enter the UEFI setup. Load optimized defaults, reboot, then enter the UEFI setup again. The system is running idle while staying in the setup. Everything is at its default value. NOW pressing any of the the power button (the mounted one at the corner, or the other one of the front panel header) the system hangs totally holding the last screen state on the display. Reset is okay then.

Any newer BIOS?

Thanks, George.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I just built my new setup with

I7 3960X

Gigabyte X79 UD7 OC Bios F10 & F11

4X4 G.Skill TridentX 2400C10

CFX 7970

Alim corsair TX750W monorail 62A

WD Velociraptor 150Go

Unfortunately I can't set my RAM to 2400mhz CAS 10 since my desktop keeps rebooting when I do it.

Tried XMP profile and same thing happens, same with custom mode.

Even 2133 doesn't work.

WIth another kit (Gskill Ripjaws 2133 C9 4x 2GB) I got no problem setting the RAM with the XMP profile @ 2133mhz.

Any thoughts?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?277001-***Official***-X79-UD7-Owners-Club-Discussion-Info/page15

I do not think the G.Skill RAM @ 1200MHz is intented for Z79. Not all s2011 CPUs have an IMC strong enough for 1200MHz.

1066MHz should work with the right timings though....have you tried making the timings slacker?

It's also possible it's partly down to 4x4GB. What is your tRAS and tRFC for example? :)

Edited by K404

I do not think the G.Skill RAM @ 1200MHz is intented for Z79. Not all s2011 CPUs have an IMC strong enough for 1200MHz.

1066MHz should work with the right timings though....have you tried making the timings slacker?

It's also possible it's partly down to 4x4GB. What is your tRAS and tRFC for example? :)

Have you tested on another vendor's X79 board?

I had no problems running multiple kits at 2400+ on X79, granted most were 4X2GB and not all 4X4GB, regardless it should work.

• 11 months later...