HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI Sandy Bridge Evolution thread.

Massman

@ Massman

Need to merge those two or move the highest one into the competition:

http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2231504

http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2231517

Recalc wasn't done properly; Coldest is 3rd with 15pts.

Thanks so much for fix my error submission update and recalculate the score.

Now,the nightmare is already over. can sleep peacefully now :)

Recalc wasn't done properly; Coldest is 3rd with 15pts.

is amazing to discover now that the best run of the site with 580 cooled by H20 was beaten by a horrible run with ln2 for 35 pts -___-

okay so ... I do not know whether to be happy for that I have shown or disappointed...

is amazing to discover now that the best run of the site with 580 cooled by H20 was beaten by a horrible run with ln2 for 35 pts -___-

okay so ... I do not know whether to be happy for that I have shown or disappointed...

Now that I've looked into your submission, your run does have greater efficiency compared to my friends' setup, If you managed another 40 -50Mhz or so you probably beat his score.

Maybe it's time for you to step up your cooling mate? You're surely will get much better clocks under extreme cooling :) :)

Regards,

The fact that it's not ment to run on 8x in normal circumstances and is now forced by software. Next to that it's no proof of skill but of software knowledge. just feels a little like cheating.

your logic is flawed, do you feel that a CPU pushed to 6Ghz is also cheating?

what about a VGA card @ double its stock frequencies?

50% of overclocking is software knowledge and 100% of overclocking/under-clocking is taking hardware and making it do what it is not designed to do under normal circumstances by any means pessary with in the rules of the game!

• Crew
The fact that it's not ment to run on 8x in normal circumstances and is now forced by software. Next to that it's no proof of skill but of software knowledge. just feels a little like cheating.

Without some ahum "software cheats" we wouldn't be were we all are at now mate... it's a nice find...

Just as I am struggling with Pcmark07 , some will already know how to run it correctly. Maybe use some software to get a boost... I have got no clue how to do it... as I solely have to rely on raw CPU clocks...

Wow if i had known i could have used the bugged Bios I would have just started there...you don't even need software to do the 8x multiplier lol;)

It's C-State flaw from not clearing the CMOS on the board after a BIOS flash. Like it was stated before it's not normal...but if you want to let that fly...by all means do what you do. I didn't submit it because I knew it wasn't right period, but now we see how you guys roll and how you stay ahead of everyone else...funny as hell:D!!!

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2135818

Edited by PROBN4LYFE

I don't understand the controversy. If the CPU is running 800MHz, how is validating that result wrong? :)

Officially, the boards don't support 8x ratio. But then again, officially Intel doesn't support 110MHz BCLK either. Isn't "pushing the limits" what overclocking is all about? Be it pushing up or down ... it's all about getting hw to run at settings the vendor doesn't want to have it run :D

Final winner list:

The winners:

- #1: Lucky_n00b -> MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) Frio Adv

- #2: Perica_barii-> MSI X79A-GD65 (8D)

- #3: Coldest -> THORTECH Thunderbolt 1000W Gold PSU

Lucky draw:

- #1: Probn4lyfe -> MSI X79A-GD45

- #2: 04ahgy -> MSI X79MA-GD45

- #3: Rustyballzz -> GeIL EVO CORSA 1866MHz CL9 16GB Quad Channel Kit

Random.org screenie:

random.jpg