HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge December 2011 thread.

Earthdog

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just noticed. Unbelievable really ... this is just a fun comp and I will still have to make a custom background so people wouldn't submit old results.

Sigh ///

So can I delete the old score and upload a new one) Both was made this month as the rules says....

To reduce sandbagging, you could set up the monthly challenges to be closed randomly at any time during the last three days of the month. If nobody knows precisely when the contest will end, it will encourage them to get their score in before the random closure period begins (e.g., before the 29th of this month) - otherwise they run the risk of having the contest close before they submit. Just a suggestion. I support your initiative, though, Massman - sandbagging seems very anti-competitive and unsportsmanlike to me.

To reduce sandbagging, you could set up the monthly challenges to be closed randomly at any time during the last three days of the month. If nobody knows precisely when the contest will end, it will encourage them to get their score in before the random closure period begins (e.g., before the 29th of this month) - otherwise they run the risk of having the contest close before they submit. Just a suggestion. I support your initiative, though, Massman - sandbagging seems very anti-competitive and unsportsmanlike to me.

+1

To reduce sandbagging, you could set up the monthly challenges to be closed randomly at any time during the last three days of the month. If nobody knows precisely when the contest will end, it will encourage them to get their score in before the random closure period begins (e.g., before the 29th of this month) - otherwise they run the risk of having the contest close before they submit. Just a suggestion. I support your initiative, though, Massman

Love this idea.:)

I like this as well.. nice thinking!

I'm getting this error uploading my result with Pentium E2140:

* ONLY USE PROCESSORS BASED ON THE CONROE 2MB L2, CONROE 512K, CONROE, CONROE-E, CONROE-L CORE. - YOUR SUBMISSION DOES NOT COMPLY TO THIS RULE

ALLOWED PROCESSORS: WITH THE CONROE 2MB L2 CORE: XEON 3040, XEON 3050, CORE 2 E4700 (2.6GHZ)WITH THE CONROE 512K CORE: CELERON LGA775 E1600, CELERON LGA775 E1200, CELERON LGA775 E1400, CELERON LGA775 E1500, CELERON T1400, CELERON LGA775 T1500WITH THE CONROE CORE: CORE 2 E6600 (2.4GHZ), CORE 2 E6700 (2.66GHZ), CORE 2 X6800 (2.93GHZ), XEON 3085, CORE 2 E6750 (2.67GHZ), CORE 2 E6850 (3.0GHZ), CORE 2 E6550 (2.33GHZ), XEON 3060, XEON 3070, CORE 2 E6420 (2.13GHZ), CORE 2 E6320 (1.86GHZ), PENTIUM E2200 (2.2GHZ), XEON 3065, XEON 3075, CORE 2 P7700 (1.80GHZ)WITH THE CONROE-E CORE: WITH THE CONROE-L CORE: CELERON M 530 CONROE, CELERON LGA775 460, CELERON LGA775 CONROE-L 2.8GHZ, CELERON LGA775 480, CELERON LGA775 420, CELERON LGA775 430, CELERON LGA775 440, CELERON M 540, CELERON M 220 CONROE, CELERON M 520 CONROE, CELERON M 550 CONROE, CELERON M 560 CONROE, CELERON LGA775 450

The Pentium E2200 uses the same core, and CPU-Z see my E2140 as Conroe core (with 1MB L2 cache). You can add E2140 (and others processors of this family) to participate?

Thanks! \o

Oh man , I love this competition (if you can put this name on it)!!! It is a real gambling. Winning in this is not so hard , if other teams don't fallow the right and exact strategy !!!

We're gonna ROCK it !!!

Just some one tell me where can I see the clock of Hwbot real time .

Edited by Poorya_lion

Oh man , I love this competition (if you can put this name on it)!!! It is a real gambling. Winning in this is not so hard , if other teams don't fallow the right and exact strategy !!!

We're gonna ROCK it !!!

Just some one tell me where can I see the clock of Hwbot real time .

The real time is the Brussels: GMT+2 but End of october, that becomes GMT+1 again. I always create another clock in windows with that time zone to keep the real time of any competition.

Points are usually awarded after the competition closes. However, for team/country/competitionteam formats, there are currently not yet competition points awarded.

I am totaly confused which is my usual - normal state actually. There is points received for each stage in country cup (see my competition points) but in the December challenge - only after the stage closes? :)

I do not know if this idea already appeared but another way to reduce sandbagging would be to award points to the team that stays for more days in the lead (say 5 points for example, to be consistent with the 15 points for 4th place). I do not know how complicated this is for the programming of the competition engine but I believe it could help. Some car races used to award points for the car that lead most laps. I have been too busy to be in the competitions but hope some time next year to be able to participate again of some. Anyway I keep following them. They are really great! :)