HWBOT Community Forums

wPrime Validation is just not proof enough...

der8auer

Hey there,

in the past 2 years i've been at hwbot i often saw wPrime results with validation only and no screenshot. There are a lot of results where i just think "WTF". I've seen results at stock clock and no memory/latency is shown.

So there's only a result. I used wPrime several times and sometimes wPrime doesn't detect the correct CPU. So what if thats not even the right CPU? We can't know if there's just a checksum: XYZ12345 (valid) whether it was the right CPU and not a bug.

Is there a way to check the Validation? Are they safe?

Where's the problem to force the users to upload Screenshots beside the validation? (Same to FM links but i think thats a different topic...)

Greez

Roman

I think so too...

Over and over again i see Scores without Screenshot, only with checksum: xxxxxxxx (vaild),..... fast Scores with low Core Clock. And i think "how can he make this fantastic Score?"

Today i found a Xeon W3520 Score in den Global Ranking with 2,667 MHz!!! But a Link shows me that it's benched with wPrime Version 2.00.

Please update the Rules for wPrime. It's not funny to bench with wPrime 1.55 against wPrime 2.00 Scores!!!

I agre, screenshot should be required for wprime as well - we all know the direct submit part of the program doesn't work like it should in alot of cases.

++1 , agree 100% , too many out of the ordinary submissions with only valid checksum with impossible scores with low clocks or missing info in the valid checksum submmision , makes it no fun anymore :o when you bench hard on LN2 cpu just to find out someone beats you with much lower clocks :( ,it would be nice if something can be done to stop this. I would really appreciate a deep look at this. Thank you.

Regards: Chispy.

++1 , agree 100% , too many out of the ordinary submissions with only valid checksum with impossible scores with low clocks or missing info in the valid checksum submmision , makes it no fun anymore :o when you bench hard on LN2 cpu just to find out someone beats you with much lower clocks :( ,it would be nice if something can be done to stop this. I would really appreciate a deep look at this. Thank you.

Regards: Chispy.

Unfortunately I can't make rules alone:p I pointed out this a long time ago, maybe something will be done about it now that alot of users react:)

A screenshot isn't that much to ask. Even memory tab is unnecessary, as it's nearly a memory independant benchmark. Maybe it's different for really old CPUs, but not for K8 - and I doubt for anything newer than that. CPUZ + wprime screenie should be enough here.

wprime automatic submission offer no verification that is trustworthy other than a checksum. CPU info or any other info submitted with it is more often wrong than correct.

Either it should be obligatory screenshot/other good means of verification, or we might as well dump the whole bench and start using cinebench or geekbench or whatever comes to mind for the hwboints instead.

Just that so many actually submitt v2 results (willfully as cheaters, or by ignorance) undermines this benchmarks credibility, even if it is reasonably easy to weed them out as they are spotted.

wprime is one of my favourite benches, and I'd be sad to see it go. Hopefully there will be some steps taken to make this as "secure" as superpi, cpu-z validation or pifast is.

Wprime is based on automatic submission. makes no sense to go SS; one or the other!

Please look at it this way too in that staff discussion.

With no SS submissions to compare settings and hardware It kind of makes submissions useless data well at least db wise. Not having this data just chokes the bench. I rather run a bench that I can look at he SS data so i don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Not out to offend anyone. You guys have a great db and that is a major part of HWbot. If the bench isn't helping the db you need to either fix it or drop it.