HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI Xtreme Speeder P55 thread.

Massman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. We are aware of that ;).

Who said this was supposed to be easy?

It was no critical comment... no attack against the rules... it was just a snippy note ;)

Its a challange within the competition... so all its fine, no problems :)

To beat a WR is always not easy... also in this MSI competiton! ;)

Just found out Toplof broke Lynnfield CPU world recore @ 5735MHz with MSI P55-GD65 (http://hwbot.org/competition/msi_xs_p55?tab=info), but Hicookie broke it again less than 24 hours. seems Gigabyte is watching MSI closely, maybe because MSI kick some serious ass on Gigabyte's "beat me if you dare" , heheh.

Anyway, finally a excellent contestant just won the first world record break prize, congrats!!

EDIT:

Sorry for misunderstanding, what I meant is "an ecellent contestant can win WR prize if no one can beat Toplof", still only 1 WR prize for stage winner if he/she break WR also.

Edited by Garrett_Wu

Just found out Toplof broke Lynnfield CPU world recore @ 5735MHz with MSI P55-GD65 (http://hwbot.org/competition/msi_xs_p55?tab=info), but Hicookie broke it again less than 24 hours. seems Gigabyte is watching MSI closely, maybe because MSI kick some serious ass on Gigabyte's "beat me if you dare" , heheh.

Anyway, finally a excellent contestant just won the first world record break prize, congrats!!

thanks but if I read what RB said I haven't win anything

right now the one who wins the cpuz part wins the WR price too.

Home page, two different test yet?

but rules should be cleared because when I read garrett post I think I've win the wr price...

ps:sorry for my english,I'm helping a friend :)

• 2 weeks later...

We, at hwproject.net, are out of games... we bought a gd80 and a gd65, both mobos aren't so good... the max score we achieved is 5505mhz on phase but when we talk about max 32m frequency it's a disaster. Both mobos are very unstable, they can't manage ram to go up... saturday we spent about 5hours on the gd80@ln2 but we didn't score nothing good to be posted. :(

Jmke, we already did what was possible to do... about 60liters of ln2, hours at phase, 2 mobos and 2 cpus.

This last 860 is muuuuch better than the first one (5266mhz under phase the first one, 5505 the second), but when we go with ln2, the whole thing screws up... and I'm not talking about -100°c, I'm saying that even at -40/-50 it's all unstable, crashes every 10seconds, ram that won't go up etc...

There's only a week remaining, no time to buy other mobos, hoping in a better luck.

That is what I mean when I say that we're "out of games", not that we didn't partecipate ;) We do our best since the first day of contest :)

@Pieter: I'm curious on how much will our 860 improve on a big bang... if not at the lucky draw, we will probably have one of these mobos by buying it, just to see were that cpu can reach. 5505 at SS phase is not bad at all... we have also a screen at 5529,96 (yes, 0,03 mhz less than coolaler :D ) but we didn't post it because we thought we could improve it saturday under ln2... we were wrong. :(

c'mon guys .. Topalof and others with those crazy CPUs .. dont tell me you can get better wprime score?

waiting for the end of competition? :P

hi,

not,but I have very very bad scores at wPrime,i don't know why...

i've test all os/sp pack,but still very bad...i seek... ;)

the wprime score of andre yang is crazy, for the frequency ;)

a magic tweak?? :D

Edited by Topalof

Jmke, we already did what was possible to do... about 60liters of ln2, hours at phase, 2 mobos and 2 cpus.

This last 860 is muuuuch better than the first one (5266mhz under phase the first one, 5505 the second), but when we go with ln2, the whole thing screws up... and I'm not talking about -100°c, I'm saying that even at -40/-50 it's all unstable, crashes every 10seconds, ram that won't go up etc...

There's only a week remaining, no time to buy other mobos, hoping in a better luck.

That is what I mean when I say that we're "out of games", not that we didn't partecipate ;) We do our best since the first day of contest :)

@Pieter: I'm curious on how much will our 860 improve on a big bang... if not at the lucky draw, we will probably have one of these mobos by buying it, just to see were that cpu can reach. 5505 at SS phase is not bad at all... we have also a screen at 5529,96 (yes, 0,03 mhz less than coolaler :D ) but we didn't post it because we thought we could improve it saturday under ln2... we were wrong. :(

Same problem here, at first the system was promising, validated 4950MHz on water, but memory stability was a joke, could use 2hours to get it boot with normal timings/mhz, tried 3 different kits, but same same..

Under dice the system got even more unstable :rolleyes: