HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI Xtreme Speeder P55 thread.

Massman

Same problem here, at first the system was promising, validated 4950MHz on water, but memory stability was a joke, could use 2hours to get it boot with normal timings/mhz, tried 3 different kits, but same same..

Under dice the system got even more unstable :rolleyes:

Hi Noxon, we have tried the two 860s on gd80 and even on gd65... the first one had a better Memory Controller (we did 2,4ghz 8-8-8-21 with ease) but probably due to a baaaad core, the whole thing didn't want to go higher than 5.400mhz under ln2.

The second cpu did 5.529,96mhz under phase at cpuz, but no chance to bench with ram over 2ghz and you know, in benches like 32m and wPrime is all about ram. So... no decent scores and there's too little time remaining to do other tries.

But, as always, it has been a good experience for all the team, benching at ln2 with a rig that we didn't know at all before... we enjoyed this competition :)

p.s.: glad to see we're not the only team with silly problems in that contest :D

Edited by |ron

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew
Same problem here, at first the system was promising, validated 4950MHz on water, but memory stability was a joke, could use 2hours to get it boot with normal timings/mhz, tried 3 different kits, but same same..

Under dice the system got even more unstable :rolleyes:

hey guys...

I have same problem too... 5ghz (4c,4th) has been submitted by Air!!

http://hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=928609

but under ln2 any thing get crazy!! system get very unstable... :(

All bioses and all dividers have been cheked...

It's so bad....

In my overclocking sessions, I did notice that the GD80 likes to boot at a bit warmer temperatures than it was being run at during the bm's. IIRC, I was booting at around -60°C and going to -70°C to run benchmarks. Lower than this was quite hard to get stable, only worked well for CPU-Z.

In my overclocking sessions, I did notice that the GD80 likes to boot at a bit warmer temperatures than it was being run at during the bm's. IIRC, I was booting at around -60°C and going to -70°C to run benchmarks. Lower than this was quite hard to get stable, only worked well for CPU-Z.

We tried...

we tried also to get in windows at -40° and then go down to -80/-100... nothing to do... :(

We found that giving a VTT upper than 1,6 was resulting in a no-post situation...

So, if I'm not mistaken, we were around 1,55, but we tried also upper to 1,6 and under that value ;)

Tried to go with 1core, 2cores, 4 cores and with every combination HT enabled or disabled... the better combination with either the gd80 adn 65 was 4core with HT enabled.

I assume you also know this:

- If you plan to use 1.6V VTT, increase the PCH 1.05V to 1.3V. I've asked MSI to make this happen automatically, but this is the key to make it happen. The reason is really simple: PCH is integrated on uncore die, so ...

I had the exact same issue with VTT. By increasing the PCH => solved :D

Congrats to everybody involved in the competition, hwbot staff too ;)

But there's a thing I really hate, I must admit: what's the sense to post the results 1minute before the competition ends? It's not an ebay auction, I really don't see where is fair play.

I'm not saying so because we didn't win (infact we were out of games a week ago), but I think that it's not the way to partecipate a competition.

Maybe it's only my opinion, but I like to say what I think, always.

See you in the next competition guys! ;)

Massman & me are brainstorming with options on how to prevent this last minute submissions. Splitting up the competition in 7 stages like the Country Cup is one way to do it.

Anyway, the submissions of hwNOT are being scrutenized atm. One of the screens have an error, and he did not supply a picture of his overclocking rig (air cooling shown while cpu was cooled with LN2) so he may be disqualified.