HWBOT Community Forums
richba5tard

HWBOT Donations

For those looking to support HWBOT, paypal donations can be made to the following address:

donations@hwbot.org

What happens to the donations? As the manufacturer partnerships allow the site to run 24/7, the donations are used to support the overclocking community in one way or the other. Past use of the donation money has been used for:

• HWBOT Country Cup 2009 (3 cpu pots, 3 gpu pots, 2 chipset pots)
  • Aquamark3 security & validation wrapper (not developed by HWBOT)
  • HWBOT Server: 2x 1TB disk for screenshot storage
  • HWBOT Country Cup 2011 (3 kingpin f1 gpu pots, 3 sf3d inflection cpu pots)

Thank you all for the continuous support! :)

+1

Sure, but how is it possible to get this achievement? I've donated a bit the first time in March 08 and every year since then, but never showed up as supporter. What special requirement is needed?

btw was the Aquamark 3 revamp an exception or is it possible to donate for a specific purpose in general e. g. the History Channel project (which nobody seems to care about unfortunately)? I strongly believe it is our duty to preserve as much as possible about the history of overclocking for future generations, but the longer we wait the more information will disappear forever. :( I would like to help to get it started some way.

Edited by Hyperhorn

The Aquamark 3 revamp was an exception, but I think massman can always organize a fundraiser to get the history channel project of the ground. :)

PS: donation achievement has been assigned to you!

One gazillion dollars! *evil pinky*

Let's say 5 euro, otherwise the paypal fee is a rather large part of the donation.

HWBOT Country Cup 2011 ( 3 ryba pots)

I need to correct this one :) Pots are my Inflection point models and they are "just" manufactured by ryba.

Every overclocker who have used this site since the beginning, should give some donation to Hwbot. These guys who work for it deserve some support. This site is great and modern overclocking and hardware comparison would be meaningless without it. Thanks for this site Frederik and little helper PJ.

You don't need to have a paypal account to donate afaik, having a credit card suffices.

Yep, !!! as you do with credit card ?

I never knew as :(

Sw

Donation with paypal, with my credit card, but PayPal, dont let me more than 10 Euros, i dont know why.....:mad:

Next month (2012) i will again

btw was the Aquamark 3 revamp an exception or is it possible to donate for a specific purpose in general e. g. the History Channel project (which nobody seems to care about unfortunately)? I strongly believe it is our duty to preserve as much as possible about the history of overclocking for future generations, but the longer we wait the more information will disappear forever. :( I would like to help to get it started some way.

The History Channel project is too big for me to look after it, I'm afraid :(. It needs dedicated volunteers to go through many many old webpages and retrieve information.

Guest TheJudger

Hi hwbot guys,

I send 6,66 euro with paypal but forget to insert my hwbot account name.

I hope you could assign the 6,66 to TheJudger.

thx.

Or, like a half a beer if you're Norwegian. :D

Or like 20 cheap imported pisswasser in Romania :celebration:

Or, like a half a beer if you're Norwegian. :D

Yessire, Norwegian born and raised...thank you :)

If you buy a beer on a pub in Oslo,im guessing 12-13 euros each (no joke)

If you buy a beer in the grocery, you can get away with 2,5 euros (Carlsberg,my favourite)

Cheers

You got some love from me too, 10 euros..thats like 4 beers... :)

Cheers

John

:ws: :ws:

achievement-2000.jpg

Thanks massman. Will see how to do it :). Does I get the achievement for mmm forward a PP payment?

Edited by Samsarulz