HWBOT Community Forums

Aquamark3 HWBOT Edition wrapper available for download!

Massman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've installed this, I can't change my affinity settings in windows now. :( I could before with the first wrapper.

Vin

EDIT: Because I can't update the affinity setting I lose almost 80K on the bench... It gives me an access denied when I try. was this on purpose?

Are you on win7 ? You can change affinity in XP, iirc.

Are you on win7 ? You can change affinity in XP, iirc.

Win7-64bit SP1. it was fine before installing the all-in-one. then after I couldn't. I was getting an "Access is denied" error when I tried. I did a system restore to before the install and it's OK now.

I have only tried it on 1 system. my bench setup isn't prepped for any runs.

Vin

I checked infinity and it seems that the wrapper is automatically enabeling all cores in xp32. I used to have to enable all core myself but it was already done. Weird though my GTX580 is running slow as snails. All other cards run fine.

Edit: I tried it on Vista 32 and i had to enable all cores manually and the GTX580 ran 100% better. So i am guessing that even though Task Manager is showing all cores enabled in WinXP32 they are not. How do i get all cores enabled now? loool THis is weird.

Edited by [GF]Duke

.net 4.0 makes my system (XP 32) CRAWL on startup.... ~ 30 seconds of thinking before a program will finish opening

Will try .net 3.5 and hope it's snappier.

Hey Kenny :)

I had the same problem like you but after like 20 startups the problem was gone out of nowhere :) Hope same goes for you!

why does your sig makes you sound smarter? lol

It's the HondaCity effect.... EVERYTHING sounds smarter :D

Hey Kenny :)

I had the same problem like you but after like 20 startups the problem was gone out of nowhere :) Hope same goes for you!

Heh.... I do not have 20 startups of patience :D I have a fresh system with .net 3.5. I will see how it behaves before I throw it out the window

Have been trying to get this to work for the last day and no luck probably just me lol. Installs fine click on startbenchmark - benchmark runs gives me a score - what exactly do i do next i've tried alt tabbing out back to desktop but when i do the wrapper is greyed out and does not allow me to take a screenshot. down the bottom of the wrapper it says running benchmark even when it has finished as has given me a score.

Ok worked it out you have to close the aquamark benchmark down then the score appears in the wrapper. I hope a readme is included in the download but other than that looks good

Edited by gazza30

.net 4.0 makes my system (XP 32) CRAWL on startup.... ~ 30 seconds of thinking before a program will finish opening

Will try .net 3.5 and hope it's snappier.

Found the solution for this problem :)

When .NET redistributable is installed, it compiles the high priority assemblies in 5 to 10 minutes and then waits until your computer is idle to process the low priority assemblies. The following method forces all of the remaining items to be compiled with a command called NGEN.exe. Follow these steps:

1) Run cmd.exe from Start > Run

2) Type cd\

3) Type cd Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

4) Type NGEN executequeueditems and press Enter

5) It will take about 1-10minutes depending upon system speed. After the process is complete, the following prompt will appear in the command prompt

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>

6) Type exit to close the command prompt.

After performing these steps, your computer will boot up at usual speed.

Edited by der8auer