HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Competition Feedback thread

Massman

Have a question about the back grounds, when they were first posted they did not have the R2 next to the round number. Now I see the R2 in the back ground. Is the R2 required now and what about the ones submitted before the change? Also does it need to be visible when you take the screen shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrators

You are aware of the fact that hwbot accepts only one screenshot for validation? So your sub and giorgioracings sub for cinebench 939 are invalid. Sorry I did not remove this and you complain about this now, I am already correcting my mistake

So tell me what to do with sub like this? Blocked cpu and mem tab on one screen, partially hidden image on second screen, and removed!!!! example scores which means this is even worse than hidden settings at this

Gigioracing`s Cinebench - R15 score: 158 cb with a Athlon 64 FX-60 (Toledo)

Maybe you should think twice before you complain about some being preferred to others

Edited by websmile

• 4 months later...

With the most due respect, no background in the new Div Compo...security wise, but especially PROMO wise probably a questionable decision. I go with the flow as a relative newbie but it also affects authenticity and participant/competition experience for the actual Compo. My humble 2 cents.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can someone please tell me what the secret formula is for submitting the HWBot x265 v2.2 4k benchmark? If I use the submit to hwbot button it instantly crashes. Doesn't matter if I select "ignore CPU detection" or not. Ok, let's try the save data file. Doesn't matter which of the three options I choose "core i7", "<my actual CPU here>" or "ignore" it instantly crashes.

I tried "run in Windows 7 mode" - same failure.

I already checked the forums in "hwbot software and apps" but there isn't anything that explains how to fix the issue.

I searched this thread also but didn't see anything - if I missed it I apologize.

shit - I meant to post this in the actual Country Cup thread - my bad. A mod can move it if they'd like - I wouldn't complain ?

• 2 months later...

Competitions are fine. I wish there were more in general with a lot of variety in them and aimed at certain leagues. Maybe add some rules like a max frequency like in the Challenger 2019 Division VII round 1 Intel legacy competition. Not everyone has the time/resources or option to use LN2. I personally cannot get it delivered into my apartment. Therefore i need to go and find a place where they can deliver it, get all my hardware there and so on.

Then you have the problem off people with access to very expensive hardware (sponsored or not) who will always surpass your scores with such a huge margin it's not even worth entering some competitions.

For more interaction with your team and members some sort off team "chat" or so integrated into your site would be great. Because most of them i do not know personally and cannot really reach out to them easily (beside on the forum). And I do not want to go and "stalk" them or hope to find them somewhere on social media. 

Goodmorning everyone.

I wanted to organize a mini old scool cup with some nice prizes offered by me (obviously retro). Duration 2 months, 1 month for the Intel round and one month for the AMD round. Each round will have 5 stages. For my part there will be a list with 5 stages on two different platforms, an Intel and an Amd. List of prizes with photos. Detailed rules for each stage and more if necessary. On the side of HWBot I only ask for the support and insertion of this competition. I personally do not participate. Is it possible to organize?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Members
3 minutes ago, GRIFF said:

Goodmorning everyone.

I wanted to organize a mini old scool cup with some nice prizes offered by me (obviously retro). Duration 2 months, 1 month for the Intel round and one month for the AMD round. Each round will have 5 stages. For my part there will be a list with 5 stages on two different platforms, an Intel and an Amd. List of prizes with photos. Detailed rules for each stage and more if necessary. On the side of HWBot I only ask for the support and insertion of this competition. I personally do not participate. Is it possible to organize?

I think I can set things up if you let me know all the details etc :)

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

I think I can set things up if you let me know all the details etc :)

Ok. Then I prepare a complete list on paper and send it to you in pvt. So you can see the period for which it is organized, create an official thread and give a month in advance for preparation.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:36 AM, GRIFF said:

On the side of HWBot I only ask for the support and insertion of this competition. I personally do not participate. Is it possible to organize?

Where's the fun then if you stay out of it? Compete :D not for winning your own prizes

20 minutes ago, avalanche said:

Where's the fun then if you stay out of it? Compete :D not for winning your own prizes

I will do all the stages in parallel to compare. Then also the other users of my team showed interest. I hope they will participate.

Meanwhile, let's see if the moderators have time to organize. Otherwise we wait for the best times.