HWBOT Community Forums

phil - Radeon HD 7970 @ 1310/1900MHz - 3014.14 DX11 Marks Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset (DX11)

mortisboy

"its the official hwbot bench"

This doesn't mean anything. it is a modified/custom and outdated version of someone else's benchmark. there is nothing official about it. Validation "screen shots" do not show resolution or benchmark settings. What AA/AF is used? 19x10 or 19x12? Not to mention this is based on Heaven 2.1 which does not use the latest SSAO/SSDO technology. So run your "officially" modded, watered down version of 2.1 and have fun comparing with each other. Everyone else on every other site will continue to use the newest version with the most demanding technology. Taking away advanced AO gives any system a nice jump in FPS so enjoy it but you can't claim any "records" or "1st place" on anything because you aren't actually running the real benchmark. I am really surprised to have to help explain this to so many people. Obviously 3k on a single gpu would not have been broken with 2.5 and there would be nothing to celebrate. Quite simply, modified or custom versions of official benchmarks do NOT yield official results. I am sure they are fine for your community here but don't be surprised if nobody else takes them seriously. Go research SSAO/SSDO and Dynamic Light Scattering and get back to me on how official this 2.1 mod is. BTW. the 7970 takes a 61% hit in performance in extreme mode (19x12) in the real Heaven 2.5 vs. 48% for a 1.5g GTX 580 and 55% for a 560ti 2Win. source: http://pcper.com/image/view/9207?return=node%2F53050

Hokielamnus, I like to run the latest benchmarks on my system to test their modern day performance. I also check out the CSS fps test and even run Lost Coast. If we are testing DX11 in Unigine Heaven, why wouldn't you want to run the 2.5 with all the sexy DX11 enabled? Do you run the Crysis Benchmark at Medium Settings @ 800x600? It is of course ideal to run a number of system benchmarks to get a handle on overall performance. As a reader I still can't tell at what rez and what AA/AF settings are considered "XTREME" in this customized benchmark. Which is, as I've said, is the reason you always run the most up to date official benchmarks, so people like me know what you actually did. 19x10? 19x12? 720p?