• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see pcmark scores at 60000+ !! :D

100k+

Maybe I do it wrong :P

Sure :D

ramcache != ramdisk, but the line is very thin.

With a lot of RAM, small partition for chaching, long write delay and some other tweaks: ramcache == ramdisk.

Time to sell raid controllers / acards / SSDs and buy some non-overclokable 4x8Gb crap ram kits? Or some server moterboards with a lot of ram slots.

It's far cheaper and can even bring far better results then them uberly expensive Acards... PCmark05 was for the storage freaks with loads of cash, now the tide turns...

1. 32gb ram kits not so cheap and very bad performance / overcloking ability

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231490&Tpk=G.SKILL%20F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL

for best results with ram cache you need all the memory that supports your motherboard/chippset, especially for PCMark Vantage... 64 Gb for SB-E, etc.

2. RamDisk are free for all and bring even better results than caching software (with only 4-8 gb of ram).

3. Acards + discrete raid card is not the only option. On latest intel chipsets, only two sata3 ssd and intergated raid is enough in most cases.

Edited by S_A_V

This is an interpretation of a rules-hole , I believe.

...and it's not the first one I read..

Now it seems coming out another time with another person the same question.

I think there sould be made a poll/rules explanation like it was done for other tweak and whatever the outcome, set the clarification in the rule.

A benchmark in which software is important, needs written rules more defined as possible.

Greetings - Denis

PS Can somebody give me a stamp of cnzdrn link ? I can't see it.

I think cnzdrn-judah should LTK !

Stop slander where I can't read, please !

I was talking friendly with him I had simple doubts.

After I learned to use Write-back cache in Rapid storage, I understood it was possible doing it respecting rules.

Please peaple, ask me about my business and about what I say.

Don' t feed betrayers and slanderers.

Stop slander where I can't read, please !

I was talking friendly with him I had simple doubts.

After I learned to use Write-back cache in Rapid storage, I understood it was possible doing it respecting rules.

Please peaple, ask me about my business and about what I say.

Don' t feed betrayers and slanderers.

I find very interesting your comment, except offenses.

If you have any problem with me, just call and ask.

of course cnzdrn... teach me consistency !

Ask me private when you slander me back !

search on dictionary word I said.

offeneses are another thing

I describe things as they are.

If you have something to tell me, you have my e-mail.

@christian : I'll watch new rules

• Crew

I dont think so, try to get the benchmark to be honest is not bad every one may think differently but the rules must be equal for everyone, is what is trying to do in hwbot.

i use superseepd , for my family's video, in mi notebook, since long time (like i write in somewhere, i dont remember) original licence.

Maybe I am too strict and knowing that this was a very large result in PcMark (either 5 7 vantage), I have not ever used this soft in PcMark, and perhaps i'm idiot too (scusa il mio inglese è orribile).

like S_A_V write before

http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=147088&postcount=56

Long time ago, you have seen this software (without giving the name) I said that could not be used and it was not fair play for those who have spent many U $ S or Euros in storage and controllers.

In those days you showed your high scores, do you remember that ?

I know...i know...many guys in my country said:

"Why you do not use, if others use it too," are you a fool ?

Perhaps i'm a idiot, but honestly with my way of thinking, because I think it is not fair play. You can see my Pcmarks in my profile.

SuperCache and ramdisk are really well known and widely used on the servers of big companies, I work in one of these companies (no with hardware or software ), and long time ago a fellow worker told me to use these software for my videos of many digital photographs, and it was true, the burden of over a thousand photographs in the software I use to make the videos, are accelerated lot. (se acelera de manera grandisima).

Maybe I'm extremely correct and did not want to even use those really important storage.

I am somewhat strict, Sometimes. I ask others to be so and that's not right, so my apologies for writing this but I do not use it to gain points.

Sorry Denis, again, but cnzdrn isnt judah, maybe like me , nothing more :)

Edited by Sweet

I like that people try to get better hwbot. nice thing, but I don't like being told that I say certain things.

expecially back to me whene I can't read

expecially when news reported are deformed and could mean I say " everybody cheat "

I like that people speak for themselves, thanks.

your arguments and reason about not using that sort of software are interesting.

setting hdd has even been an important and charming element of this bench.

from another point of view, ram caching could be a solution to make less expansive the hardware for this bench.

I understod it should be not used ram caching, but I'd like to see it on the rules..

I'd like to see explicited that rule on written rules.

Don't worry about your english and what you told me, sweet, we're telling what we think ;-)