HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for late answer... I'm following not much benching in theese days. ( OC Holyday :D )

I keep always full the fillable mail boxes. I keep always my e-mail andress in signature for this reason.

Nice tweaking ways. My TW on dual core was a draft of both tweakings made by pro and CHERV ones. I was not able to do " matriosca windowses :D )

I started working on other subtests ( like liquidcoolingx7's physix & 3d, S_A_V's memory access and Highgertz's compression subtests ) but I think I should study again on trasparent windows :-)

Did you ever tested updated edition of DLL files ? :)

cannot update the dll file , Zlib1.dll is 1.2.0.0, now is 1.5.6.0,

If submit the score with update dll, the submit will fail,

I know we can chnage the CRC , File Date and Info to fake the system,

but this is not a tweak and hack and edit the PRC file to submit is the fastest way.

• Crew

i agree, application dlls are a no no, dont touch anything in the pcmark directory

if you are touching system DLL's that should be ok, but i am not doing anything like that at this stage..

That's not tricks, but rob, girl !

Materially motivated ?

i found a tweak called "iPad3" which can make the score higher, just PM Master Christian and waiting for approval.

Thx, your efficiency costed me alot, mate :P

Sorry Mad :P

80K? Not only that, he needs to see Ima for the rest of his life, perhaps!

Beware of permanent dismemberment, Mr. Pro, hahahaha...!

he has a pussy body :D, defo need some good health insurance after that run :eek:
Edited by Mad222

I can't test this 'cause I can't validate since last winter.

1.5.6 ? too new ;) Test 1.2.x I've found 1.2.3 and 1.2.4

If we update IE9 why don't update them ? ^_^

@pro : I've found drivers searching by google ;) I don't think they're so special.

@cherv : Is 120hz monitor needed to make trasparent windows in upper left section of monitor ( as your video ) ?

I know we can chnage the CRC , File Date and Info to fake the system,

but this is not a tweak and hack and edit the PRC file to submit is the fastest way.

Are those system DLLs or application DLLs? If I understand correctly, changing application DLLs falls under the same rule as replacing codecs (not permitted).

The zlib1.dll is part of the futuremark folder; so if that's what you guys are modding in order to improve the transparent window score... I'd say it's not allowed. If FM is using older dlls and that's the only way the submissions validate, that's something to bring up to FM... But rules say we can't change the bench in any way... I sure hope you guys are using some other method that doesn't involve changing the files in the PCM05 folder.

• Crew

Just to clarify, gluvicio bought up changing dll and we told him its not allowed

Plus zlib is a compression library, so of you replaced it to a more efficiency version it would help file decompression and not trans windows

Changing any files in pcmark folder wether by replacing or modifying is not allowed, as with any benchmark

I misread the thing... I know zlib is what OS uses for zip compressing, but did not even think about that when writing my reply.

I'm sure they (you) are doing the transparent window tweak in a way that doesn't change files in the PCM05 folder; I just can't seem to figure out the how/where of the tweak... I know it has to do with GDIPlus, but I can't find any reference to that other than the API documentation and that's overwhelming enough on its own.

• Crew

guys i just thought maybe its worth sharing this, quality is really bad but you get the idea

just showing pcmark automation, so basically im using autohotkey to launch the bench, do the theming for trans windows, prepare the correct drives,

then again to launch iometer, launch the bench, kill iometer at the right time

you can also use it for things like detecting when the benchmark is in the right stage to change the drive, just lets you have to manage less things during the benchmark and focus on pouring your pot properly etc