HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't test this 'cause I can't validate since last winter.

1.5.6 ? too new ;) Test 1.2.x I've found 1.2.3 and 1.2.4

If we update IE9 why don't update them ? ^_^

@pro : I've found drivers searching by google ;) I don't think they're so special.

@cherv : Is 120hz monitor needed to make trasparent windows in upper left section of monitor ( as your video ) ?

No, switch 120Hz you can get extra 10K ~ 15K , 69K is using 100Hz , 120Hz will boost more.

• Crew
Did you ever tested updated edition of DLL files ? :)
I did. They do add much performance but are clearly restricted by the rules. I was testing this back in the days when rules weren't that clear about modifying the files.

pro, do I understand correctly that in your TW you have only the windows titles flying around? Is such stuff allowed?

• Crew

pro, do I understand correctly that in your TW you have only the windows titles flying around? Is such stuff allowed?

hey mate, the rest of the windows ARE flying around, the are just black + full transparent

PC Mark05 has become the most tweakable ( and probably annoying ) benchmark since last year :P

If you want to make the perfect run there are so many variables to take care of, and enough luck to get the best subtests scores at their max value at the very same time, have fun with that :P

• Crew
PC Mark05 has become the most tweakable ( and probably annoying ) benchmark since last year :P

If you want to make the perfect run there are so many variables to take care of, and enough luck to get the best subtests scores at their max value at the very same time, have fun with that :P

:nana: PCMARK07 is even more fun :nana:

heya is somebody willing to help me out .. im having massive problems with the transparent window sub , its killing me !! haha !! i seem to be getting the lowest scores with tweaks

this is my last submission ( still trying to tweak )

http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2282780_tweak_venetica__pcmark_2005_phenom_ii_x6_1090t_be_27158_marks

here is an image for reference 783306.jpgbe

i have no idea whats going on ( might it help if i said that with core affinity set to 1 or 4/6 i get the same scores )

any help would be appreciated :)

heya is somebody willing to help me out .. im having massive problems with the transparent window sub , its killing me !! haha !! i seem to be getting the lowest scores with tweaks

this is my last submission ( still trying to tweak )

http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2282780_tweak_venetica__pcmark_2005_phenom_ii_x6_1090t_be_27158_marks

here is an image for reference http://www.hwbot.org/image/783306.jpgbe

i have no idea whats going on ( might it help if i said that with core affinity set to 1 or 4/6 i get the same scores )

any help would be appreciated :)

it looks like bob's tweak isnt taking effect. use pro's directions and it works 100%. also as a hint to transparent windows... setting core affinity on pcmark05.exe does absolutely nothing for the bench. if you manage to set priority, it will fail the benchmark. pcmark05 must be run at normal priority.

okay guys a few guys still having problem with bob tweak, easy way to do it,

1. open pcmark, then open the details tab, where you normally see the game tests displayed

2. change theme to classic

3. lock computer

4. unlock computer

5. you will notice the details tab is now an inverted grey, now you know the tweak has worked

6. change back to aero theme

this method ?

• Crew

Crazy new finds gluc, the audio encoding makes sense but I'm scratching my head with latency

How is it possible to change memory latency score to that magnitude unless the benchmark incorrectly calculates it? It is unlike any tweak we have seen in any benchmark and is preety crazy, i like it haha

Edited by pro