HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

There's no such component as "wordpad engine" in exact. You just didn't follow the idea of CherV. What she was trying to tell is that despite FMpad being a different exe file from wordpad, it does use the same engine - what's behind the .exe which is only a GUI.

Pretty much like iexplore.exe is not the whole IE and not even the most part of it (surprise? :D ). But setting that are altered in Wordpad do change the wordpad backbone/engine settings meaning they do alter the settings at which FMpad runs the test.

She gives you food. Don't make her picking up the fork pinching the food and put it in your mouth - at least make some efforts. Or we're gonna end whining until you get a "Tweak PCMark05" button? :D

Didn't check the tweak yet - I don't use Win7 regularly so it's just my guess.

dont exactly expect her to spoonfeed me :D

although this is kinda adding to my hair loss...an am only 22 :P

anyway...time to dive deeper...

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested to change value and delete it from regedit from *classes root* and tested jarte 1 week ago

+0,7% pages on text edit changing def.zoom on jarte, but I can't remind if zoom was bigger or smaller :D

WildEdit seems having some matching options, but no exactly options cherv said... still much to see there

Edited by Gluvocio

Tried with Jarte (going through the options inside the program and also editing the .ini file).... No improvement on Text Edit score to speak off.

As for the registry... Why is it that there is no repository of all possible DWORDS, etc that one can add/edit? I'm pretty sure that I'm looking in the right place, but I just can't find any documentation that tells me what I can add or what the options (DWORDS) are.

14511361790.jpg

i've been reading sav's method of changing drive letters on the fly with batch files and a timer. its nice but i like to use a slightly different method and it's about time i contributed to the thread.

>build a batch file that uses diskpart & txt file for commands to change drive letters.

>create a shortcut to the batch.

>edit the properties of the shortcut to run the bat minimised.

>assign the shortcut a skortcut key.

if your using multiple drives you can create multiple bats to simply cascade the drive letters round truly on the fly > press your skortcut key and the drive letter changes - done.

(it's even easier on a macros enabled board like a g15 ;) )

• Crew

yeah Yamunsa, thats the method I use, then i just use a script to detect certain points in the benchmark, say for example, that web page rendering has started, then the drive change it triggered automatically, then later after hdd general is completed, the next drive change occurs

it's an elegant method using minimal script and much much easier to implement than using ping loops setup up as a timer.

automating drive change with scripted triggers - i like it. another thing to add to the list of things to look in to… i'm still stuck playing with blinds and textpad :(