HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly the problem. You rather loose the records than sharing the information with pro who volunteered to be PCM05 moderator and doesn't submit scores anymore himself.

PCM05 is the only benchmark where we have to check almost every top score because there is some new and obscure tweak. So another top overclocker reports the score and we have to check it which means that we have to ask for the tweak to test and approve it.

For all other benchmarks it's pretty easy to say whether a score is out of the line and if there is a tweak it has to be shared with the Staff. If not the result will be blocked.

The wrapper will not fix the moderating issues. It will just validate the subtests and maybe exclude some of the illegal tweaks but I'm sure that the wrapper will not detect all hardware modifications or unknown tweaks.

@ Schmuckley: I'm really open for good solutions but like I said, this time a wrapper will not fix the problems. The result moderating is the problem. We'd need more people like pro who step back from submitting scores but stay up to date and check every single new tweak.

Like sofos said I don't want to remove the benchmark. But disabling global points would lower the moderating pressure a lot.

There is no active thread on removing points for PCM05 in the crew section, just to make that clear. That'll be the last thing we want to do, so need to worry about that for a while :)

:woot:

Btw..as far as that "invalid" thing on FM submission;That comes from OCing PCIE slot.Sometimes it does it,sometimes it doesn't.

Mike's score should not have been yanked.

I nominate MikeCDM for Pcm05 mod. :D

Edited by Schmuckley

There is no active thread on removing points for PCM05 in the crew section, just to make that clear. That'll be the last thing we want to do, so need to worry about that for a while :)

Excuse me Knut but there is no active thread for anything around pcmark as it seems. Moose's score with dual arecas is up from 12/12/12. Don't tell me that almost one year you're trying to contact Moose for this. You see on your own that noone from the staff cares about it and to go one step further, noone will care.

Edited by sofos1990

Like sofos said I don't want to remove the benchmark. But disabling global points would lower the moderating pressure a lot.

I'm sure it would, the globals are the reward and motivation. Without them, I see no point in running the bench. Very few chips are worth any decent amount of points. Some people might argue that points aren't the reason for benching, but they can be what gets one motivated. Just like money, prizes, or anything else that can motivate a person to push their hardware.

Don't get me wrong, it feels good to take out the #1 spot in a certain category or get that overal top score, but the big globals helps serve as motivation, at least it does for me. Beating moose or any of the other top guys also feels damn good :D

Excuse me Knut but there is no active thread for anything around pcmark as it seems. Moose's score with dual arecas is up from 12/12/12. Don't tell me that almost one year you're trying to contact Moose for this. You see on your own that noone from the staff cares about it and to go one step further, noone will care.

Funny thing is that I was never notified about my "invalid" scores. Compared to other valid scores, they seemed perfectly inline and I thought it must be some sort of glitch or error on FM's side of things. But one day I got a nasty email, in which I was basically accused of being a cheater and threatened with a 1 yr ban and a couple of scores were blocked.

Valid FM links is the last thing Mike lol. There are more serious problems here. Sometime FM links are like cpuz validations. You think that they are OK but they aren't. As for the first part of your post I agree. My motivation is the global points if pcmark will stop getting points then I will stop bench it and I think most of the guys will do the same. Maybe I would bench pcmark when I wouldn't have something else to spend my weekend.

Excuse me, but it's not in the moderation queue:D

(I assume it's not reported, as I doubt it would be checked without further proof. I can't take a look at a score that I don't know about.)

Edited by knopflerbruce

Of course noone will report it as long as I heard that dual arecas can be combined even if I don't know how. That's why supposed that pro is pcmark moderator. He should had asked Moose how is that possible and test it. I can't report a score that is right. As you see Moose never asked about it and noone removed his score. I say again that his score is OK but once he doesn't want to give further info then it should be removed. I could use ramdisk and get 1200 GU and never been asked about it but I didn't...

Of course noone will report it as long as I heard that dual arecas can be combined even if I don't know how. That's why supposed that pro is pcmark moderator. He should had asked Moose how is that possible and test it. I can't report a score that is right. As you see Moose never asked about it and noone removed his score. I say again that his score is OK but once he doesn't want to give further info then it should be removed. I could use ramdisk and get 1200 GU and never been asked about it but I didn't...

If you feel something could be wrong about a score you can report it. It doesn't have to be a 100% sure case.:)

I don't know how anybody could know this score without being notified unless they checked it out on their own. However, it's not that common to look at every new submission looking weird stuff.:P

http://hwbot.org/submission/2427014_fr4ncslo_pcmark_2005_fx_8320_0_marks

How do you receive a valid FM link and HWB points on an incomplete run?

Just another reason for this bench to be retired.

That could just be by design. A score of 0 marks is hardly a score at all...

You can get a score in 01 without Nature, same thing.

...not to mention 03

http://hwbot.org/submission/942327_blackwarriors_3dmark03_geforce4_mx_440_8x_570_marks

:D 1/4

There was contact, and scores are off;)

First contact was for an half year for this.

Same Problem for me is Mikes crazy TW on Amd...

http://hwbot.org/submission/2335279_moose83_pcmark_2005_core_i7_extreme_975_56182_marks

Knut, even if I had reported some scores that don't seem ok to me the truth (and prove me wrong if it's different) is that noone would had done something more than see the report. Roman and pro has been told about some results months ago and you see that nothing happened until now. So how this benchmark can still exist with 0 moderation?

Moose, that's what I'm talking about. The scaling on this benchmark is strange and to be honest noone knows it. It's not like 3dmark that from score to score the difference is 2-3-4-5 fps. On some tests here we are talking about thousands and hundreds of points as you mentioned Mike's TW which I've been very close and my VS on 555. You can't say that are true but you can't also say that they are not. I strongly believe that they are OK but will you report them? Are you 100% sure that these scores are illegal?

Edited by sofos1990

http://hwbot.org/submission/2335279_moose83_pcmark_2005_core_i7_extreme_975_56182_marks

Knut, even if I had reported some scores that don't seem ok to me the truth (and prove me wrong if it's different) is that noone would had done something more than see the report. Roman and pro has been told about some results months ago and you see that nothing happened until now. So how this benchmark can still exist with 0 moderation?

Moose, that's what I'm talking about. The scaling on this benchmark is strange and to be honest noone knows it. It's not like 3dmark that from score to score the difference is 2-3-4-5 fps. On some tests here we are talking about thousands and hundreds of points as you mentioned Mike's TW which I've been very close and my VS on 555. You can't say that are true but you can't also say that they are not. I strongly believe that they are OK but will you report them? Are you 100% sure that these scores are illegal?

Exactly this sub has been reported twice...First talk with Pro he was Lucky...after 6 Months he starts again discussing it...I cant delete it now on my own there is no button to doing it lol:D

• Crew
I was expecting some nice explanation from you sir since you are the PCM05 god here. But telling me to avoid this 7k device just

like that without further explanation makes me look like a dumb.

LOL i never tried it, how can i give an explaination?

however i have from time to time seen crazy out of line scores with different storage configs and this looks like a crazy out of line score

James I don't put the blame on you for this situation with pcmark. You are not responsible for this. I just say that if this benchmark can't be controlled there is no reason to exist.

As for publishing what you told me. Sorry, I just realized my mistake and I deleted this part of my post.

Anyway for me it's over. I won't bench again pcmark so I don't have to worry about it.