HWBOT Community Forums

Kingpin F1 Dark Preview

hokiealumnus

Well, don't keep us in suspense...which one??

I don't necessarily want fast reaction though. Perhaps within reason, but my main goal with CB chips like that is stable temps. There's definitely a balance to be had.

i.e. You don't want to be managing a cold bug on a Koolance pot. That's fast, but doesn't hold worth a darn.

Well, don't keep us in suspense...which one??

I don't necessarily want fast reaction though. Perhaps within reason, but my main goal with CB chips like that is stable temps. There's definitely a balance to be had.

i.e. You don't want to be managing a cold bug on a Koolance pot. That's fast, but doesn't hold worth a darn.

1. Glazing or simply icing the pot - medium to heavy pots are relatively fast when glazed compared to "non-glazed". I'm not sure if you know this already. Fast is only fast if the user knows how to be fast.

The f1ee is slightly slower than the inflection pot in terms of reaction. I think because of how the ln2 doesn't spread like how it spreads in the inflection pot(this has that c-like channels). Thats just my opinion. This is where the ocx marksman pot comes into the picture or into my to watch list. ( also torching the pot, its another topic but also another plus point for the inflection)

2. Holding temps - the inflection pot has more mass at the bottom. You can have so much mass but if its not near the heat source it won't be as effective as some pots. Here the f1ee has 4 deep holes that lessen the mass at the bottom. mass away from the heatsource is wasted mass in my opinion.

Edited by Hondacity

Imog

Glazing is simply adding ice.

My prefered temp to start glazing is -90c, from room temp to to -90c usually takes awhile.

Torch or heatgun till you see semi thick ice on the bottom, or drop -90c to -80c.

After doing so pouring ln2 would drop temps fast, faster than 1.5c/sec.

Hey nice review Hokie..Glad u liked the pot . Dark pot is for all the guys that liked the heavy feel and super easy control of the EE so much.

Your review seems to point that out This new Dark pot like its predecessor (EE) is optimized for cpus with coldbugs where temperature control and minimized swing from pours (up and down) is key. Sandy and Sandy-E are good examples of this. For FULL pot benching such as AMD cpus or in the past INTEL K processors and where lighting fast pulldown is needed, the Gemini pot (with rocket base) is more suited for that kind of benching. Its why I sell both pots now, they are both REALLY great at what they were designed to do.

Definitely enjoyed it, thanks for the opportunity to review it. Giraffe pot was heavy and did a good job, but using the F1EE at IMOG's place spoiled me. The experience with my pot after that just wasn't the same. The F1 Dark brought that feeling back and makes for fun, hassle-free, well controlled benching sessions. :)

• 3 weeks later...