HWBOT Community Forums

LN2 costs

Mean Machine

1 Euro in our money is 40,000Rials

1 Dollar in our money is 30,000Rials

LN2 price is 7,000 Rials per Litre In Tehran

we can take shower with Ln2 :D

Nice, thats really good.

The price of generating LN2 is basically whatever the electricity costs to run the compressors - I'm guessing Tehran has a pretty good price per KwH.

LN2 prices are a bunch of crap in the first place, the margin is ridiculous unless you are really far from the generation plant. Being a byproduct of the production of Liquid Oxygen, which is used in huge quantities in industrial and medical uses, they might as well bottle up the resulting LN2 and sell that too.

So basically, the cost of generating LN2 is actually less than the price it costs for the electricity to run the compressors, because the cost of electrity is divided among the other liquid gasses generated in the process.

So if they give you some crap about it being expensive stuff, explain to them how its made, and what their cost is to produce it. Their only real cost is keeping the machines running, paying someone to deliver it, and paying someone to take your money when you take it off their hands.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a cost increase. Previously I posted about $.50/L. They bumped me to $.55/L and I did my best negotiation to ensure they didn't take me to $.60/L though they tried. I usually buy 150-200L at a time, and when I have enough time, I buy 400/L a month. Fortunately my prices aren't as bad as many people have, but I've shopped around and done a lot of negotiating... But a 10% price increase is a lot, and I'm really glad they didn't get me for the 20% they were shooting for. It would have cost me about $40 extra a month for the same amount of stuff, plus every trip in the truck to pick it up costs me another $15 round trip in gas, along with 2 hours drive/fill time.

Prices are for my own dewars getting filled (150L + 50L), and my own transportation to/from facility.

You still going to Canton?

They are paying a few cents more from distribution since last month in Bedford but still only charge me $.50/L.

Nice, thats really good.

The price of generating LN2 is basically whatever the electricity costs to run the compressors - I'm guessing Tehran has a pretty good price per KwH.

LN2 prices are a bunch of crap in the first place, the margin is ridiculous unless you are really far from the generation plant. Being a byproduct of the production of Liquid Oxygen, which is used in huge quantities in industrial and medical uses, they might as well bottle up the resulting LN2 and sell that too.

So basically, the cost of generating LN2 is actually less than the price it costs for the electricity to run the compressors, because the cost of electrity is divided among the other liquid gasses generated in the process.

So if they give you some crap about it being expensive stuff, explain to them how its made, and what their cost is to produce it. Their only real cost is keeping the machines running, paying someone to deliver it, and paying someone to take your money when you take it off their hands.

yes the price for the electrity is low now ,and as you said the Ln2 price related to price per KwH

but we have not delivery service for it, have to drive 2 hours to get Ln2 (because of heavy traffic jam not being too far :D )

Ln2 price not a problem for us but the price of hardwares increased to x3 :D because the Value of our money have been falling since last year against value of Dollar and euro

Cryoservice and Mansfield are the guys to talk to in the UK mate.

That or get your arse to an Ln2 meet where it's free ;)

Stop doing them miles away from the north east and I will 100% attend ;)

I'm with Cryoservice. I've been getting bumped for two years, so this is their apology :)

My cryoservice gave me a quote of £70 delivery then £2.40 a ltr for 25ltrs. I have my own dewar so don't need rental, the best quote I have is £160+£30 delivery and vat on that for 160ltr tank but I need a forklift to lift it off the truck :-o, I go to Glasgow every day for work but during the night when boc will be shut :-(

The more you buy, the more you save. If you're Glasgow-ish, come over here sometime. I'm in Wishaw. My new contract appears to be "pay for what you take" so if you add your 25L dewar to my lineup, it'll be ~£15 (wait until I start getting my new bills and i'll confirm that) and if you like, chip in for delivery charge (which is £42)

The more you buy, the more you save. If you're Glasgow-ish, come over here sometime. I'm in Wishaw. My new contract appears to be "pay for what you take" so if you add your 25L dewar to my lineup, it'll be ~£15 (wait until I start getting my new bills and i'll confirm that) and if you like, chip in for delivery charge (which is £42)

I would be definately up for that, but as I say I only travel to Glasgow on a night (in a truck) and dropping my dewar off to you could be problematic as my truck is tracked and venturing off route gets me a hand slapping, It would be awesome if we could work something out. I would go halves on delivery.

Bummer ! If I went 30 mins of route in my truck I'm sure I would be "in the 5hi7" as a artic uses a LOT of fuel in 30 mins. Never mind I will keep trying, somewhere has got to give me a deal worth doing and not extortion :'(

I do come up the M74 past that postcode.

Edited by *kenny*

already asked my parents if we could use the garage :P but until

now i could convince them :mad: lets try again

It's very easy.

Just says that's Liquid Nitrogen, isn't gas, so isn't "really" dangerous. The 1st time that I used LN2 I did it in my room, not in the garage. :)