HWBOT Community Forums

EVGA EPower Board is out

Christian Ney

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt you are modifying the card, just want to know how it boosted your MHz. By the million threads you've made on all the forums, I would thing this tool would boost my 580 to 2GHz core speed :rolleyes:

(ps: I'm not trying to make this thing look bad or so. Just looking for some factual numbers)

yeah, on a dutch forum you told your results:

you reached 1375/1225 on stock VRM and

finished a run on 1400/1275 with the untouchable

based on the ln2 scores from al the other users, its a very bad clocking card, even WITH the untouchable on it.

or you are saying it is not the card but it is you?

maybe I misunderstood :P

yeah, on a dutch forum you told your results:

you reached 1375/1225 on stock VRM and

finished a run on 1400/1275 with the untouchable

based on the ln2 scores from al the other users, its a very bad clocking card, even WITH the untouchable on it.

or you are saying it is not the card but it is you?

maybe I misunderstood :P

What you don't understand that the 1400Mhz was a quick run, because i had to leave for work outside the country and was not the final run????

and stop trolling, this is topic about hardware news, not about discussion between you and me (oth team members cheating) and old contest that was not really ..........

Back ontopic and no trolling.

looks interesting, waiting to see it available in EVGA EU shop

Tin said that it would be very fast avalaible in EU shop.

Would be nice if Evga stuf would be better avalaible in europe.

there are more nice toys in evga shop, but not all in eu shop.

(gtx580 classy backplates, power booster, and others)

1400? I thought it was 1600MHz with Untouchable ...

no, the untouchable failed him big time, he didn't even submit a score in that competition.

I guess it is not the untouchable who has the blame, guess it is the modification itself

the highest core clock was mine, 1500 MHz @ 1.59V on the stock VRM with VR mod.

What you don't understand that the 1400Mhz was a quick run, because i had to leave for work outside the country and was not the final run????

and stop trolling, this is topic about hardware news, not about discussion between you and me (oth team members cheating) and old contest that was not really ..........

Back ontopic and no trolling.)

so now it's work, on the dutch forum it was the lack of competition.

this has nothing to do with trolling, it's all about the hardware, everybody is interested in the benefit the untouchables give, well, in your case it was minimal.

and i'm not gonna respond to your evidence-less accusations. we both know it's bullshit and you are the one trolling here saying those things ... again..

Edited by nedernakker

If Chiller can't provide OK comparison numbers, just buy one and test for yourselves. Damn.:o His numbers are better than nothing, and unless he planned to make a huge comparison review, whatever reasons for this and that are completely irrelevant to the discussion. Plus, I bet the gain will differ from stock PCB to stock PCB, so what we see with a 6670 could be very different from a 560ti for example.

If Chiller can't provide OK comparison numbers, just buy one and test for yourselves. Damn.:o His numbers are better than nothing, and unless he planned to make a huge comparison review, whatever reasons for this and that are completely irrelevant to the discussion. Plus, I bet the gain will differ from stock PCB to stock PCB, so what we see with a 6670 could be very different from a 560ti for example.

The problem is that Chiller says he has valid comparisons which clearly show that the Untouchable is giving 100-200MHz boost on several cards. But when we ask more information, we can see nothing factual that supports his comments.

So, although he is making bold claims, we still have nothing.

Even if the Untouchable would give less than 20MHz boost on average and not be able to turn an average card into a great card, this is still a pretty cool product. Thumbs up for Evga for actually putting this in production!

Extra phases doesn't automatically mean more OC.

The community has already been through this on motherboards.

There are situations where inproved PWM helps..... and there are situations where it doesn't.

Time to quote Shamino.

"Not saying, but showing"

Edited by K404

i'm not lying about it, can't you just accept it ?

Is it not normal that it gives something extra ?

Like a stock 2Phase VRM to a UT 10 Phase VRM ? 1+1=3 maybe ?

You see what the results are what are posted, take it as a man.

Take what as a man?

When I see this product, I figure: "okay, this is interesting for low-end/mainstream cards as well to repair broken ones, but it probably won't magically turn a shit card into a super one". All your posts scream: "this makes my card go super-dooper crazy fast", claiming not only a 100MHz boost on your reference GTX285, but also a record-breaking 1600MHz on your HD 6670 (+200MHz from 1.4G). All thanks to the Untouchable. All I (and others) ask for is some evidence to back up these big claims.

And you just don't deliver.

Again, I'm sure this can boost in some cases, but by how much is a very big question mark. Again, two thumbs up for Evga for releasing this thing and I'm really, really looking forward to see what other users can do with this thing. But, when it comes to objective, factual, evidence-supporting claims ... you have given none.

You are doing very well advertisement-wise, though :D