HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge February 2012 thread.

I.nfraR.ed

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already was benching on my Pentium D 925... :/ Guess I will just have to grab my 630 or 640 then...

Online Verification for 03 is a bit tricky for competition by the way, owners of the pro edition would have an advantage. In the free version, you can't disable neither CPU tests nor Feature tests, meaning that free edition users would be limited earlier by their hardware. This is questionable in the meaning of competition, you aren't getting sponsored by Futuremark yet, are you Massman? ;)

// Oh yeah, and as the 03 only uses one core (or doesn't it? not sure actually), I don't see the problem of allowing Pentium 4 'D' CPUs.

Edited by Masterchief79

Online Verification for 03 is a bit tricky for competition by the way, owners of the pro edition would have an advantage. In the free version, you can't disable neither CPU tests nor Feature tests, meaning that free edition users would be limited earlier by their hardware. This is questionable in the meaning of competition, you aren't getting sponsored by Futuremark yet, are you Massman? ;)

1) You can press escape after GT4 and you won't run CPU tests

2) I added the verification links pro-forma (they give a little more security)

I wouldn't mind not having links. So, unless someone screams "no way josé" we can just delete that limitation.

I already was benching on my Pentium D 925... :/ Guess I will just have to grab my 630 or 640 then...

// Oh yeah, and as the 03 only uses one core (or doesn't it? not sure actually), I don't see the problem of allowing Pentium 4 'D' CPUs.

I agree with you Masterchief. No sure why Pentium D are not allowed. They are Pentium 4 even if dual core. 03 is single threaded as far as I remember so a little confused on the reasoning. Trying to keep a level playing field? Then why allow Cedar Mills? Might as well change the limitation to: Must use Cedar Mill core.

Personally I would like to see if the Pentium D can keep up to the 7Ghz+ Cedar Mills that this limitation is trying to protect. More choices is always better in my book.

Edited by Rasparthe