HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Spring Extreme Competition thread.

zeneffect

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine anyone willing to use a weaksauce quadcore with integrated graphics for any sort of non-benching application (unless you need an multithreaded encoding rig, are on a budget but want brand new hardware, and have a hate towards AM3 and Intel) .. especially the expensive K model

Doh, who uses s.A Gigabyte board :P

I think the real question is why you use a socket A mainboard for a K6 cpu ... :P

Nice, an AMD competition again. Now to see the best way to disable my WC rig for use the GB mobo. :(

Question: Can we use different CPUs in each stage? I mean, X6 1090T for wPrime 32M stage and X2 555 for SuperPI 32M stage?

Yup, allowed :)

If the processor isn't delayed for too long in customs (hey, who want to pay UK retail prices when they can get lightly used processor at almost half the cost from the USA?) I'll have a 3870K in a UD4 for this comp. I've been looking for a dual-opteron board recently as well, but I don't think GB made any of them so I won't be trying that :)

No idea how well the platform will do under chilled water, but it's gonna be fun finding out (even if it's not common enough to give good points - not sure I want to kill it on day 1 for 1 competition point :) )

Mainboard has to be Gigabyte. All AMD cpus allowed (even K6 ;) )

Well I do have a 754 Gigabyte board I could fire up just to have some fun in this - If the board itself still works, haven't tried it in ages and really need to find out if it's still working.

I realize there is no way a 754 system will be in the running for prizes but it's about having fun to me and to see how well I can make it do regardless.

I'd like to see all the participants (included me) make a deal, not BD cpus for this contest. Only use deneb or thuban cores, but that is almost impossible.

Ehr, whut?!

Well I do have a 754 Gigabyte board I could fire up just to have some fun in this - If the board itself still works, haven't tried it in ages and really need to find out if it's still working.

I realize there is no way a 754 system will be in the running for prizes but it's about having fun to me and to see how well I can make it do regardless.

That's the spirit! :D

Maybe I'm being stupid...but don't contests like these only award those that already have the best hardware?

I mean - nobody is going to win with a UD3 board...so what's the point? The guys with the best stuff will win. The guys that could actually use a nice new board get left out...

Maybe I'm being stupid...but don't contests like these only award those that already have the best hardware?

I mean - nobody is going to win with a UD3 board...so what's the point? The guys with the best stuff will win. The guys that could actually use a nice new board get left out...

Well, even with the best components you still need know how to overclock it for get better results than the others.