HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Spring Extreme Competition thread.

zeneffect

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Massman!

Kinda not the idea I had, because initially I wanted some of the air/water guys get that board (or ideally one that competed with a low-end board, regardless of cooling). All top-5 guys, except me (970A-UD3), had used top-of-the-line UD7 board. So, basically they don't need UD5 if we assume UD7 is better.

For example saint19, Strunkenbold, fgi, MrPaco, kirbster have competed with older boards and probably don't have the funds to buy FX990 board or can't justify spending so much money for it.

They could have been happier, imo.

Anyway, congrats to froxic. You're pulling really nices scores lately. Keep going in that direction!

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Thanks, Massman!

Kinda not the idea I had, because initially I wanted some of the air/water guys get that board (or ideally one that competed with a low-end board, regardless of cooling). All top-5 guys, except me (970A-UD3), had used top-of-the-line UD7 board. So, basically they don't need UD5 if we assume UD7 is better.

For example saint19, Strunkenbold, fgi, MrPaco, kirbster have competed with older boards and probably don't have the funds to buy FX990 board or can't justify spending so much money for it.

They could have been happier, imo.

Anyway, congrats to froxic. You're pulling really nices scores lately. Keep going in that direction!

Congrats froxic.

I bought this mobo in 2010 as soon was released, so, when I see this contest here I said my self: "Why not? I had the mobo and the CPU" The CPU can do 6.5GHz, unfortunately with this mobo was not possible, even that, it's was fun and I'm happy for that :D