HWBOT Community Forums

Is hiring someone to submit my scores allowed?

knopflerbruce

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, student "apartment" 15m^2: NOK 2450/month (electricity, water and internet included) vs NOK 7-8000 for ~40m^2, electricity, water and internet NOT included.

I could live in a bigger apartment where I could store all the hardware I wouldn't have money to buy :P

I'm going to cool a few of my folding setups by water cooling them, using a radiator in the window. Was actually going to do that in december, but I needed a few parts that took me forever toget - and still missing one or two things that will arrive shortly. No more fan noise when I sleep :D

Or alternative, you can find someone to do loan (house loan) at 1.1-3.5%, and get a appartment for 1 mio NOK, which would be 55-75 depending on location :)

No, the reason for that change is that it's easier for me to grab a new pair of socks when they're available in that shelf rather than if I have to open a damn door. Plus, I put some water cooling stuff inside that cupboard instead:D

WTF, you change socks!? Karl and you know how many SPI 1M you can do and submit in the time it takes to change socks!?

WTF, you change socks!? Karl and you know how many SPI 1M you can do and submit in the time it takes to change socks!?

Have you seen the age/performance of some of the CPUs Karl benches? If he cannot change his socks hundreds (thousnads?) of times by the time 1M finishes, maybe he has mobility issues :P

Well, student "apartment" 15m^2: NOK 2450/month (electricity, water and internet included)

electricity included?! wow I don't want to be the guy that pays your electricity bill, even if you would double up the rent :D

Also benching on 15m² is insane - I had 30m² (incl. kitchen and bathroom) back in hannover-days and felt like not beeing able to breath sometimes with much much less hardware in my room.

As soon as I had the money I went into 70m²+ to really feel good.

Nowadays I have 80m²+ with my GF and the benchroom is upstairs in a separated room / floor...

...maybe I am getting old but ~8 years ago I felt it was cool beeing surrounded by hardware all the time, sleeping right next to my Prometia Mach I cooled 3200+ Venice which was folding all the time...

Today I am often happy to close the door behind me, go downstairs to my gf, sit down on the couch and give all you nerds a byebye for some hours :P:D

...maybe I am getting old but ~8 years ago I felt it was cool beeing surrounded by hardware all the time, sleeping right next to my Prometia Mach I cooled 3200+ Venice which was folding all the time...

Today I am often happy to close the door behind me, go downstairs to my gf, sit down on the couch and give all you nerds a byebye for some hours :P:D

Last part was written by your gf.

electricity included?! wow I don't want to be the guy that pays your electricity bill, even if you would double up the rent :D

Also benching on 15m² is insane - I had 30m² (incl. kitchen and bathroom) back in hannover-days and felt like not beeing able to breath sometimes with much much less hardware in my room.

As soon as I had the money I went into 70m²+ to really feel good.

Nowadays I have 80m²+ with my GF and the benchroom is upstairs in a separated room / floor...

I want 100m^2 at least :P But not sure if I can afford to pay NOK 3m for a decent place not too far from town.:o

Done submitting btw - and of course I ran just a little too few benchmarks to be able to beat Gamer, and make PURE pass the Russians:rolleyes:

Yeah I also have 3 copies always.

never forget the "copy-screen-waazaa CDTWTFZOMG" to get the most out of your backups.

The good guy I am here is the detailed explanation, if you don't know it yet:

- save the original screenshot on the bench-hdd - should look like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1177&stc=1&d=1329499603

- copy it instantly and rename into copy1.jpg (must be done on the desktop)

- copy original.jpg to USB stick (directly in main root directory e.g. f:\)

- cut and paste copy1.jpg to USB stick (directly in main root directory e.g. f:\)

- now your score will improve quite remarkable

attachment.php?attachmentid=1178&stc=1&d=1329499603

now the difficult part for the last boost:

- copy copy1.jpg in the same folder and rename it into copy2.jpg

- take all 3 files cut them (not copy!) and copy them onto your c:\ directory of your laptop or allday-system

attention: this part is very dangerous because if it fails during that time you will loose everything

- COPY back everything from there to your USB stick

when you have done this you are almost save

- now copy only copy2.jpg into your c:\ and replace the existing file

- if you have done everything right your copy2.jpg on c:\ will look like this, while the last file onto the usb stick is still looking like copy1.jpg (so make sure to save it again)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1179&stc=1&d=1329499603

:nana: