HWBOT Community Forums

Is hiring someone to submit my scores allowed?

knopflerbruce

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think your files should be threads/2, but no less than 2! So in case you have Gulftown, you need to produce 6 files, not 3 like with Thuban.

About the smoking hdd - keep in mind you should not copy them too fast or your hdd will get hot and eventually burn. I had blown a usb flash drive this way and lost my 8.7GHz validation :( It was the "cut" step.

On high-end intel system you need to wait more time between copy/cut operations, because the cpu is faster than amd cpu. Makes sense, huh?

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Damn SoF, that's useless. I think it works only for AMD, not Intel-CPUs. I followed the description, but it had no effect at all (except my HDD began to smoke :confused:). I heard you need double as much files because of SMT. Am I right? I'm afraid to trash my only backup files left.

Not sure about Intel, I think it only works with 5700+ CPUs on Watercooling with 1.6V+ and temperature between 23.25 to 38.11°C depending on your CPU.

I am too stupid for that as somehow my CPUs won't work on my cascade which is the only cooling method I own - I am afraid to damage my hardware with water :o

Oh and sorry to hear about your loss - should have told you it stresses HDD a lot...

:D

Not sure why but I am not that enthusiastic about setting up new windowses, change from 1155 and all these things today - can I hire somebody to prepare X79 bench system for me???

you may take some single card 580 results with you - have enough cards to share a bit :D

52668424.jpg

Not sure why but I am not that enthusiastic about setting up new windowses, change from 1155 and all these things today - can I hire somebody to lift the X79 bench system for me???

you may take some single card 580 results with you - have enough cards to share a bit :D

Corrected :P