HWBOT Community Forums

Rev3 Up and Running - Complaints, Ideas, Ramblings, Comments ... but no bugs

Nobody from "regular" people have any Fermi cards. So only guess that Fermi will faster or slower than 5970.

Also ATI have room there for some 5890, they haven't maxed out PCB design even yet, and have reserved space for extra VRM channels. But, why I'm talking this stuff, you should better know by yourself, dear engineer ;)

Or you have already few, Hipro5? :D

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now time for reporting an bug...:D

Do you changed the way showing the screenshot of the result? At the moment is it so that my Mac OS 10.6.2 download the picture to my local folder "Downloads" instead of opening it directly in Safari...

But this is always the case, sometimes the pictures will be open in a Safari without downloading it to "Downloads"...

Sorry george I think that complaint is a bit silly. When nvidia release a dual gpu version of gt300 it will wreck 5970 also. single vs single, dual vs dual. You cant blame hwbot b/c nvidia makes a stronger card... Not to mention single core gt300 will never compete directly against 5970. gt300=single, 5970=multi.

Doesn't matter if they are directly competing against each other or not...I think what hipro said was the single core card will get more points than the dual core and be more valuable here on hwbot.

The same will hold true for the dual core gt300 when it arrives, I guess. It will be relegated to back of the line with the 5970. The single cores will dominate with points, even though they score significantly less on the benchmarks.

I assume Hipro5 knows the new rules better than I, and if what he says is true, this stinks!

Even picking up gold cups for lower generation models won't generate any points anymore. I guess to play on HWbot anymore you have to have the top of the line single core gpu on LN2. Us little guys are crushed.

I'll be honest... yesterday I had more than 200p , today, i have less than 120p. So, I think that is very fair because most of my points was with stock results, and these results has to be punished (with less points).

So, if you want your points back, you need to start to bench, we need to full all empty rankings to get more points! I'd hope a lot of new challenges!!!

It's a new begining to do better the things.

Thanks for all that effort, and happy new year for everyone :D

Peace!

I'll be honest... yesterday I had more than 200p , today, i have less than 120p. So, I think that is very fair because most of my points was with stock results, and these results has to be punished (with less points).

So, if you want your points back, you need to start to bench, we need to full all empty rankings to get more points! I'd hope a lot of new challenges!!!

It's a new begining to do better the things.

Thanks for all that effort, and happy new year for everyone :D

Peace!

I'm glad you are happy with your point loss

• Crew
thanks to in Massman, it was a nicely time, but as well as now it is I will not continue.

lg Matti OC

Nice decision man!!

maybe i do it... Maybe my friend do it too...

My friend was #1 in Iran Overclockers ranking with 290p...

http://hwbot.org/community/user/los_che

http://hwbot.org/community/user/los_che?tab=stats

now he got #7 with 84p...!! (276p has been lost!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hwbot Rev3 is terrible............!! :(

There are a few bugs around... SOME of the low boint issues may be because of that. 50% of a hardware category will receive more than 0.1 boints, if the system works properly. Don't come here and tell me that half of the results are made on sub-zero cooling! In fact, air and water cooling benchers are the ones we thought about when we made the new rules... before only top 20 got boints, no matter if there were 10 or 1000 results, now that number is increased for most categories. There are MORE hardware boints to fight for than ever before, but of course you can't expect to be generously rewarded if you don't show some skill as well... Overclock the crap out of whatever you have, and see how high it goes.

that's probably at least 5 people now that chose to stop benching because of the new rev

AFAIK people bench because they enjoy it. If hwbot went down forever tomorrow I would still bench. The competition just adds some more vareity and flavor to it. To stop benching b/c of this is stupid. If you stop participating in hwbot thats one thing, but to stop benching altogether?

Doesn't matter if they are directly competing against each other or not...I think what hipro said was the single core card will get more points than the dual core and be more valuable here on hwbot.

The same will hold true for the dual core gt300 when it arrives, I guess. It will be relegated to back of the line with the 5970. The single cores will dominate with points, even though they score significantly less on the benchmarks.

Until more scores are submitted in the multi card category, yes dual gpu cards wont get as much global points. As the number of submissions grow so will the global points.

I assume Hipro5 knows the new rules better than I, and if what he says is true, this stinks!

Even picking up gold cups for lower generation models won't generate any points anymore.

Incorrect, lower gen models are where some of the biggest points are to be won! (8800gt, 8800gtx, 7 & 6 series nvidia, 38xx, etcetcetc)

I guess to play on HWbot anymore you have to have the top of the line single core gpu on LN2. Us little guys are crushed.

Versus before when you had to have cpu on LN2 and 4x flagship top of the line gpus right? Nothing has changed... people on LN2 will still rule the ranks as they always have. Little guys arent crushed with this revision, in fact your awarded more since a greater number of the top submission in a category will now receive hwboints where they would not have before.

please dear HWbot, think please always of it we are the community, without ourselves since her nothing.

You kick the community with feet.

This stinks here to the sky who determines the rules?

Contrive something!

thus it does not go on!

sorry für mein schlechtes englisch ;)

Hier noch mal in deutsch:

bitte lieber HWbot, denken Sie bitte immer daran wir sind die Gemeinschaft, ohne uns selbst seit Ihr nichts.

Sie treten die Gemeinschaft mit Füßen.

Das stinkt hier zum Himmel, wer bestimmt die Regeln?

Erfinden Sie etwas!

So geht es nicht weiter!

lg Matti / ich hoffe mal, dass ich nicht gleich gebannt werde :(

Edited by Matti OC

Monsieur COLARDYN,

Someone has given you biased input as to how you should proceed with the method of scoring;

They must have had an ulterior motive for doing so.

Stand-up and be your own man and make the system fair for all BenchMarkers and OverClockers at HWBOT.ORG.

New hardware, old hardware,

It doesn't matter;

It takes skills to complete the benches and get the screenshots and or online submittals to ORB accounts

Without the system seizing-up and or crashing because the GPU can't take the pressure of the online submittal.

MANY OF US ARE IN THE PROCESS OF ASSEMBLING NEW COOLING SYSTEMS TO CONTINUE TO BETTER OUR CURRENT SCORES,

I am one of those people with new equipment not yet assembled.

?? Are you being prejudiced against common man teams who run Budget Equipment and

Are Favoring those teams with members that have DEEP Pockets or lots of Money or are your inner circle of friends

Perhaps it is for the benefit of members who have donated cash to support the site HWBOT.ORG ??

I suggest a review by yourself as to the system of scoring,

You had a nice site and system of scoring before this Anal attempt to fix something that was not broken.

I guess the only satisfaction will be to just upload my results to my ORB ACCOUNT and keep the scores there for the RECORD

And post screenshots at another site for competitive advancement for items that are not uploadable to ORB.

You forgot;

It has to be fun,

Penalizing participants for the past efforts is as Mean-Spirited as it gets.

Mr.Clarke

I must say I don't understand all these complaints about rev. 3 being about $$$. For the millionth time: now you can bench older stuff and get lots of hardware boints in return (compared to before, where you would need a good chip and LN2 to compete in the popular categories), bench a cheaper single-core GPU (instead of a MUCH more expensive x2-GPU, or even worse - quad-GPU setups, which was the case in rev. 2).

The only place where we've actually removed boints are for rare hardware, and there are just too many personally related comments that all can be about those (or those CPUs/GPUs would be more popular than they are ;) ).

What would be good to know is where you can extract "rev. 3 is for big bucks only" out of the changes, when this was what we focused most on when we made this new revision. As far as I can tell, you need less cash now than before to compete. Maybe more skills, but that's without a doubt a good thing.

As long as the "common bencher" also posts scores, the engine will automatically reward those benchmarks with more "slots" that receive boints, too - which will benefit the air/water benchers alot. The increase in number of boint-receiving results in general is insane, so it will be easier to get a little bit of boints than before.

The database server crashed yet again, hence a f*ckup in the rankings. The table has been repaired, I'm recalculating the rankings. Luckely, the new database server will be installed this Saturday. I'll look into the comments tomorrow as I currently haven't had any sleep for 48hours. My personal record, lol.

Have a great New Year's Eve!

was for Ol'Bud

Yes, even if you come from the other sides of the world, we are the community

lg Matti

PS: Pure,determines the system

Lmao, that last one is PURE fail. We were on first spot in the teams ranking - by a MILE, and now we're second... We also had 5 out of the top 11 in the global rankings, now we have 5 of the top 14. I believe we had one more in the top 20 as well, before the change.

We don't gain much from this, at all. And FYI there has been very little talk about "omg the system is so unfair, i wanna quit, i dont see the point anymore", and more in the direction of: "what do we have to do to take advantage of this new system?". I must say it's kinda weird if it's the lack of "giving-up" attitude that will lead us to the top...