HWBOT Community Forums

What's this CPU maffia thing about?

Massman

Yea I am guessing the guys who have the 6GHz CPUs for SB lol

I am interested to know who they are too!

I goggled(as you do when you have no idea about it) the terms Taiwanese CPU Mafia, and this was one of teh image results:

20000 people attended death of mafia boss in Taiwan, http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatting/647747-20000-attended-taiwanese-mafia-bossas-funeral-procession-aaeeaaaaae-aeaeaeeeoe.html

Wow.

Can interpret that two ways: He was popular with "His people" example: Christopher Coke ("He also kept a high public profile in the ghettos west of Kingston, reportedly handing out cash and school supplies to needy children. He was also credited with helping to keep order by using his authority to punish thieves and other criminals in an area where the government has little presence.")

Or..... "I did not see you at the funeral. Have some violent repercussions"

Anyway.... CPU mafia...... mass binning, massive MHz.

Its the nephew! Lol

Probly is just "buying power in bulk through the back door" and have subordinate to bin-sorted all....Keep the highest for personal use or for sale if necessary and distributed the high clocking ones to strategic partner/person(s). Lol

Edited by dumo

Ofc. not only Taiwanese...

in Europe you got ASUS Nordics.

Cut the crap once again.

If you are having your lifetime ban and restraining order to ASUS Nordics you should accept it.

You will never get invited to events and never receive any hardware when you keep talking bs all around.

For the thread:

For me CPU mafia means ES samples which are taken in large quantities, binned and sold illegally. The buyers are criminals as well as they keep supporting that system.

Now when someone will think that why is he talking that bs, I have to remind, that my samples come directly from Intel and the amount is very small (1-3). If I am not lucky, there is no scores coming.

I would never buy a ES or mafia binned cpu to get good position in rankings.. I think that is way over the line and that sort of users should seriously think, if they have a problem with the ranking system and competition.

Yes, victory of epic battle!!! You knew that I would respond to your post. Amazing!

Just a bit funny that you pressume it is an insult towards you, it really wasnt, despite what you may think. ASUS Nordics has given me hardware in the past, may do in future, may not, but "banned", I have never heard of, but, you got insider knowledge and is interested in the whereabouts? If so, you should really get a hobby.