HWBOT Community Forums

When CPU-Z fails, make TXT report to help debug

Massman

Hey all,

As you all know, sometimes CPU-Z validations are invalidated even though the result is perfectly valid (eg: stock config). Although Franck, the developer of CPU-Z, doesn't owe it to anyone to fix his (free) software, he always seems keen to improve the validation process. All he needs is a bit of correct feedback!

So, when you encounter issues with CPU-Z, be it the application or the validation page, please save a TXT report. Franck cannot improve the software based on a .CVF validation, he absolutely needs the TXT :).

You can find it under the about tab:

cpuz.jpg

Once you have the .txt report, mail it (+ an explanation of the issue) to cpuz@cpuid.com

:ws:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

anybody an idea why the current version of cpu-z (1.68) doesn´t work on my k7 anymore? :( after installing the system it worked normal...

i just removed the slower of my rams and rebooted. since than only older versions work. i´ve downloaded and reinstalled the current version several times but it had no effect :(

when i try to start cpu-z the pc freeze...

i can´t make a txt-file because there´s no way to start cpu-z -.-

the system: http://valid.canardpc.com/3px0ir

• 1 year later...
  • Crew

One of the last updates broke something for Socket 7 Systems.

Seems that there is now support for showing FSB on very early CPUs like Pentium MMX, K6 and so on but it doesnt detect half multipliers. Showing next higher. So 3,5 gets 4 and so on.

Also when I change FSB in windows, CPU-Z doesnt recognize this. It stays stubbern at 100Mhz.

Additional:

Manufacturing process on K6 Model 6 seems wrong: Should be 350nm instead of 300nm.

Also there is no code name. Model 6?

Display of onboard (motherboard) Cache doesn't work with most CPUs. It works with Pentium 1 CPUs but all other displaying nothing.

Cyrix CPUs show no info for manufacturing process and Caches like L1 Cache.

I made some subs showing problems with current CPU-Z:

Cyrix

AMD K6

• Crew
anybody an idea why the current version of cpu-z (1.68) doesn´t work on my k7 anymore? :( after installing the system it worked normal...

i just removed the slower of my rams and rebooted. since than only older versions work.

For some coincidence I fired up my K7 Rig today and I faced the same problem. CPU-Z freezes during startup my whole system. Similar, I "removed RAM" by setting maxmem to 104.

I have 2x256MB. Setting Maxmem to anything lower then 260MB freezes the system. Above 260 CPU-Z runs without problems.

As it seems that many people facing the same problem its a rather heavy issue.

I attached a report as sometimes CPU-Z gives an error msg saying that it fails to load the driver.

The second report is because on my Epox 8rda3+, CPU-Z is showing vdd instead of Vcore.

One of the last updates broke something for Socket 7 Systems.

Seems that there is now support for showing FSB on very early CPUs like Pentium MMX, K6 and so on but it doesnt detect half multipliers. Showing next higher. So 3,5 gets 4 and so on.

Also when I change FSB in windows, CPU-Z doesnt recognize this. It stays stubbern at 100Mhz.

Additional:

Manufacturing process on K6 Model 6 seems wrong: Should be 350nm instead of 300nm.

Also there is no code name. Model 6?

Display of onboard (motherboard) Cache doesn't work with most CPUs. It works with Pentium 1 CPUs but all other displaying nothing.

Cyrix CPUs show no info for manufacturing process and Caches like L1 Cache.

I made some subs showing problems with current CPU-Z:

Cyrix

AMD K6

Managed to reproduce the issue on my setup. We will debug on Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why isn´t it possible to validate cpu-z by file anymore? validate online works, but i have to validate by file because the benchsystem doesn´t have a connection to the network. i´ve tried several times, then i tried on a different system. validate by file same problem ("Corrupted or missing CVF (Code: 2) "), validating online just a few seconds later works.

• 1 month later...

The new CPU-z is failing sometimes. On AMD socket A platform screenshot's size is 65 536 kB, mostly filled with HEX 00 values. I only disabled update check and XOC=1. That's one thing. Second thing is that on Pentium III platform when CPU works eg. at 980 MHz after F5 filename is cpu-312.bmp. 980 divided by 312 is ... ~PI. What is going on?

Oh I checked and for example on my ASUS P3B-F (i440BX) and P3 933 MHz there is also problem with corrupted BMP files, but using the same harddrive disconnected from P3BF and connected to TUSL2 the screenshots are normally working (<1MB).

On AsRock K7VM4 (socket A sempron 2200+) the same thing, abnormal size (~65 MB).

GA-P35-DS3L (512 DDR2, E8600) the same thing 65 MB.

ECS P6SAT <1MB.

ABIT BE6-II and Celly 300A normal <1MB BMP files.

Maybe it's because of using PCI GFX (S3 virge or ATI RAGE DVD+). I can't remember now but I have valids on mentioned platforms and will upload those in max 2 days.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...