HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge March 2012: "Goodbye Abit, RIP" thread.

Massman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Abit

Also Instead of March Challenge ,they should have open separate Abit challenge. damn There's no ABIT sales in India till now.... One full month we have to Sit Idle and watch this competition... :-(

Nothing against 5-10 years-old hardware competition, but are we overclocking or collecting unusual hardware ?

I already took last mounth VIA cpu to do an unusual stage.

I like hwbot's competition, but I suggest to make them with more common hardware so more people can go there.

We're overclocking old and unusual hardware.

The point of these HWBOT competitions (no prizes, just glory) is to also give competitions to people who don't always have the latest greatest. There's enough exposure and competition for the newest hardware already, so it's a welcome change to also play with the old bits again.

there will be time for other competitions. this competition is indeed for a select few.

i'm expecting a leve2 or level3 competition. new hardwares cpus, and gpus, and maybe socket775. and of course gigabutt and msi competitions. and of course guys who get hardware for free will compete. its all gonna be fun lol

Just a quick question, does it matter with which CPUz version you entry this competition?

edit: I think there is something wrong with the link to this thread on the competition page: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41362

If you click on it, you go to an empty thread where you are the first to enter a post ;)

Edited by Snowmiss

this isn't worth anything in this comp, because there is no room for 865 series LGA775, but this is my ABIT pride!!!!

36065.png

E0 stepping, hell yea!!! haha kind of funny stepping # as we are where we are with technology ATM.

Thanks ABIT, you made OCing genuinely exciting!

this isn't worth anything in this comp, because there is no room for 865 series LGA775, but this is my ABIT pride!!!!

36065.png

E0 stepping, hell yea!!! haha kind of funny stepping # as we are where we are with technology ATM.

Thanks ABIT, you made OCing genuinely exciting!

Thats right, but still 5GHz for a P4, its impressive :)

nlrlo2.jpg

hey all..

my buddy friend from ex abit indonesia give it to me yesterday.

he said one of them are rare mainboard, only 9 is has come out in the world.

since i miss knowledge about LGA mainboard in the past. i'm not sure which one of mainboard is rare, perhaps someone could help me to find it which one is rare.

next, i will test all of them..

Edited by l33ku1

Hey I love IC7-G still have one going strong in a P4 machine that is 24/7 for the past 5-6 years. Dont diss.

And thanks, over 5G was a milestone for me!, its actually a WR in CPU freq for that CPU. I used a Chilly1 SS, i know its not good to say his name, but he was good to me. I was around way before most of you, when i coudl buy a brand new SS that held 250W load at -48C for $300 USD+$100 overnight shipping. It was a prototype first one he sold with a display for temp and a relay.

Anyways its bringing back memories for me of good volt mods and love!

Here's a pic of my pride and joy of the Abits I have.

It's an unmodded NF7 v2.0 that's close to perfect condition. Factory stock right down to the Abit chipset cooler. Only thing different is the obvious additional cooler for the SB and that's easily removed you know. Posting with it right now just to give it a little runtime since I rarely use it and it's always worked perfectly since I've had it.

No guys, it's not for sale either..... But I'd be willing to bet if I did the mods, it would be a good one.

I can't submit my AX78 score, after submit this message appears :

"Oops. Something went wrong.

We could blame this on you but it's most likely our crappy coding skills. You could try again or nudge our developpers for fixing this."

Is this happen because Abit AX78 not in list yet?

ax2.jpg