HWBOT Community Forums

Ivy 3770K & MSI Z77A-GD65 LN2 Run

oc_windforce

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not banned from anywhere and I don't think he will be ...

Perhaps Intel will refuse to sponsor an event where he is a participant. Or they'll twist the hosts arm to not include him in whatever contest, on threat of reduced support.

Or perhaps it's Francois being Francois, threatening loudly in public.

Honestly, I doubt that many people within Intel really care about this kind of leaking. It's a market segment that is oh-so-small and there's practically no competition; no matter who leaks what, Intel's not going to lose any market share or sell one mainboard less. On the contrary, this kind of leaking probably gets more people interested in the product.

Quite frankly, if Intel wanted leaks like this to be completely gone, they'd be able to do it. AMD can, Nvidia can, hell ... even Apple can. Instead, they keep shipping these ES samples in large quantities to ODM and OEM without having the companies account for them. The biggest advantage is that these companies actually use them for testing and validation, which makes Intel millions of dollars since everything works smoothly when it hits retail.

To be honest, I don't think they have much to say when Anandtech, one of the largests media sites (and US based!), still has their review up. A review! Not just some crazy extreme guy running 'pointless' applications. No. A genuine, full-blown, practical review detailing all aspects of Ivy Bridge.

Priorities ...

(that said, haven't had any request to take down the thread ... it's not just down to the size of my balls)

I don't like this kind of leaks tbh. It's very impressive, but:

Manufacturers produce insane results -> Everyone is impressed -> Peope start benching themselves -> Everyone disappointed, cause they never reach these clocks.

Pretty much like 7970. OC going way to corporate. Spoils the fun..

Imo, it will be like SB, only different now is the Mhz...from 6Ghz to 7Ghz:)

If you lucky probly only 2 or 3 retail 3770Ks binned, if not then hundreds. Lol

Traditionally it has been always like this, just that with Sandybridge even air binning was possible and even air/water people were for the most part able to compete with DI/LN2 users. But it seems IB will again be a exclusive playground for LN2 users

I don't like this kind of leaks tbh. It's very impressive, but:

Manufacturers produce insane results -> Everyone is impressed -> Peope start benching themselves -> Everyone disappointed, cause they never reach these clocks.

Pretty much like 7970. OC going way to corporate. Spoils the fun..

Can't both ask for extensive OC support (sample, mods, features, bios) and then also tell not to get involved.

Glad we're not XS... thread not "appropriate" - delete delete delete.:) business as usual.

That's not correct. The thread was closed because it was becoming a flamefest.

Then pulled to try and calm down the storm that it created.

I know because I closed it and later pulled it after speaking with Charles.

The other IB thread from that Meteor guy was pulled at his request which I also did.

Just so we're clear, I don't like closing or pulling threads and enjoy seeing the new hardware as much as the rest of you do.

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's me speaking as an admin at XS, my personal feelings are I find it interesting that nothing has been said about IB being shown at Anandtech and I mean nothing.

Also interesting that Intel has an advertising deal with that site thats into 5 figures/year

Also for how many years has coolater been leaking stuff and nothing has been done?

This reminds me of the schoolyard bully that only picks on the little kids but hasn't the balls to go after someone his own size.

Edited by Movieman

Also for how many years has coolater been leaking stuff and nothing has been done?

This reminds me of the schoolyard bully that only picks on the little kids but hasn't the balls to go after someone his own size.

Breaking NDA is just another business model ...

Not a joke, but a business model. Apparently, you should first always break NDA and then you get Intel sponsorships :D.

Seriously, I do not get why ANY professional website would still care about Intel's NDA ... too funny for words.

coolaler-1.jpg

coolaler-2.jpg

That's not correct. The thread was closed because it was becoming a flamefest.

Then pulled to try and calm down the storm that it created.

I know because I closed it and later pulled it after speaking with Charles.

The other IB thread from that Meteor guy was pulled at his request which I also did.

Just so we're clear, I don't like closing or pulling threads and enjoy seeing the new hardware as much as the rest of you do.

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's me speaking as an admin at XS, my personal feelings are I find it interesting that nothing has been said about IB being shown at Anandtech and I mean nothing.

Also interesting that Intel has an advertising deal with that site thats into 5 figures/year

Isn't it enough to just close it, and all similar threads that may pop up about the same thing? It just feels like sensorship when it's deleted. Like the content is "dangerous" to someone. Speaking as as XS user, though... don't want to mix my roles here, as a HWBot moderator it's not my job to tell you how to moderate at XS:p

+1 to the Coolaler stuff, I wonder if anything will happen there...

Isn't it enough to just close it, and all similar threads that may pop up about the same thing? It just feels like sensorship when it's deleted. Like the content is "dangerous" to someone. Speaking as as XS user, though... don't want to mix my roles here, as a HWBot moderator it's not my job to tell you how to moderate at XS:p

+1 to the Coolaler stuff, I wonder if anything will happen there...

The unsaid thing is that if you "just" close it the screenshots are still there,

As I said, I did just close it. Others made the decision to move it out of sight and I abided by those decisions.

No probalem with your thoughts on this. I just wanted to clear up any issues and none between you and me.