HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI Legend of R7000 series Team Contest thread.

Aerou

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That, I imagine, rather depends on whether you state your intentions or not :D

Well, the intention would be to win, but obviously I want any entry I put in to be above board :) I have an XFX 7770 Black Edition, but would happily flash it with an MSI BIOS if it lets me enter the comp :)

Well, the intention would be to win, but obviously I want any entry I put in to be above board :) I have an XFX 7770 Black Edition, but would happily flash it with an MSI BIOS if it lets me enter the comp :)

Earlier it said that we could use any card as long as it was flashed with MSI BIOS. I hope that rule hasn't changed?

Edited by tacohunter52

It never said that.

It said 'You must use a MSI branded card. MSI must be visible in subvendor or bios of GPU-Z'.

Maybe I'm wrong then. Five days ago, when the email was sent out, I could have sworn it mentioned flashing the BIOS of the cards.

In any case, is flashing the cards to an MSI BIOS allowed?

I saw that too but now the text has changed.

Ok so at least I'm not blind. :P

That sucks though :(

it is not allowed. i purchased my msi card and you purchased asus. and flashing to msi makes sense? of course not

No, this doesn't really make sense. But having a team competition limited to only MSI cards doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. :P

ähmm guys, short question. i know 7970, 7950, 7770, 7750 but no 78xx with dx11 skills.

I mentioned the same to MSI, but they told me 7870 would be in retail by March 19.

will the lightnings be allowed? its not yet for sale here :/

Good question, I'll check on monday.

I think MSI will want the cards to be allowed.

I didn't get one thing: you've said that is a team competition, right? So how is the score calculated? The teams need a minimum number of submissions or just the best is taken for the final score? Every one who submits a score if the team wins will receive prizes?

I've read the rules again and again and I still don't get it.

Thanks!

1) 7970 Lightning is allowed. They should be in stores today or tomorrow

2) 7870s should also be in the stores already.

I didn't get one thing: you've said that is a team competition, right? So how is the score calculated? The teams need a minimum number of submissions or just the best is taken for the final score? Every one who submits a score if the team wins will receive prizes?

I've read the rules again and again and I still don't get it.

Thanks!

The winning team of each stage gets 3 boards to distribute to members (Team Captain can decide how to do this). Just like the HWBOT OC Challenges, only one score is needed to complete the team score. So, if you submit a score with your 7970, you submitted 'for the team'.