HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge April 2012 thread.

Massman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@k404: I have my own batch of 8800's I plan to jump in with, and didn't know about this comp when I pm'd you. :)

I was starting work today, but had moisture problems... letting things dry out, and I am hoping the CPU lives at least. The mobo would be easily replaced, if the chip is dead then I am out.

2nd dead chip in less that a month? That would not be good.

3rd times the charm they say, I need to kill something else before Ivy Bridge comes out... You know, get it out of my system. :)

8.23GHz 8120 - dead

5.76 2600K/P67A-GD65 - unknown (letting the mobo dry out, not sure what all is dead yet)

Next chip - doomed

Not sure about that, if your see my 3DMark 2001 score is around 11K points under the next one, the same happen on 3DMark03 and in 3DMark06 the difference is around 3.2K points.

True but I sold sandy and I am playing with phenom xII 560 right now so would be more interesting for me =)

Would it be safe if I run 8800 on LN2 without heatsinks on the vrms, but just a fan blowing over them?

My 8800 gt 512 got warm on the vrm sink under LN2, but it only liked the temps at about -60 to -70. You may be able to get away with it, cards are cheap and all. Or you could just hack up an old heatsink and throw some metal on there.

With vmods top 10 on your card should be pretty easy (it was in my experience)... I had a baked/revived card with mods for my 8800 gt 512 submissions. I was going to take part in this comp until the 2600k died.

Maybe I can submit on the last day of the comp with Ivy Bridge?